• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

3m vhb 4910?

MrDesignGuy

I am installing 8 - 3' x 5' 3mm PVC signs to a semi-gloss latex based paint on the interior of a building. Will VHB 4910 (clear, not foam) hold these signs up? Maybe I need some silicone or Urethane caulk to go along with it? Thoughts?

Thanks!

petrosgraphics

a 3x5 sign is pretty good size, no way of knowing if the wall is nice and flat....
if it has a cup in it vhb tape will not hold...... i have always used PL400 along with vhb tape

hoping the wall is flat.......

skyhigh

eeeekkkk.... hope you don't ever have to remove these. The vhb and/or silicone will take the paint off. If that isn't a concern, then I would use both. I wouldn't trust this size to just vhb.

How bout some decorative standoffs?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I don't think 4910 or 4905 is the correct application for this tape in this situation.

Check with a 3M representive for the correct information.

MrDesignGuy

What do you guys think about a panel clip such as a Z-clip for this job? Never used them, but seems like the right hardware for a worry-free install.