• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

3M vinyl color card reference guides?

phototec

Anyone have 3M vinyl color card reference guides for 3m Opaque vinyl and Translucent vinyl?

I only have the 3m Opaque vinyl color card, and trying to match Olympic Blue 180C-57 to the closest 3M 3630 Translucent Blue?

If anyone could help me out, I would be forever grateful.

Thanks

:help

WrapperX

Check the 3M website, on there you can talk to a 3M rep and they will send you any or all of the color charts.

Or check with your vinyl suppliers - they should have samples books from 3M as well.

In the mean time - I think Translucent Intense Blue - 3630-127 or Translucent Process 3630-337 look the closest to Olympic. Good luck.

phototec

Check the 3M website, on there you can talk to a 3M rep and they will send you any or all of the color charts.

Or check with your vinyl suppliers - they should have samples books from 3M as well.

In the mean time - I think Translucent Intense Blue - 3630-127 or Translucent Process 3630-337 look the closest to Olympic. Good luck.

WrapperX,

I called the the 3M Graphics Market Center, they told me the last part of the number after the "dash", is the color match number.

So, Opaque Vinyl Olympic Blue 180-57, is a match to Translucent 3630-57.

Now, I have another problem, trying to match Tomato Red 180C-13 to a Translucent 3630 color, however I can't find a Translucent 3630 color with a xxxx-13.

Can you please give me a match for the Tomato Red 180C-13 or the Perfect Red 7725-263 just above it, on the color card?

Again, we need to be comparing the actual color swatches, I have downloaded three different 3M color charts, and they are all slightly different.

Thanks

WrapperX

Look at that - I didn't even see that there is a translucent Olypmic Blue - which is the number that they gave you.

There is a light tomato red that is close but its a little lighter - go figure - that is 3630-43

downloading is gonna be werid cause each screen sees color differently and each printer prints colors differently.

I'm useing the 3M supplied books. Closest I could get.

phototec

Look at that - I didn't even see that there is a translucent Olypmic Blue - which is the number that they gave you.

There is a light tomato red that is close but its a little lighter - go figure - that is 3630-43

downloading is gonna be werid cause each screen sees color differently and each printer prints colors differently.

I'm useing the 3M supplied books. Closest I could get.

I called 3M back and they told me a match to tomato red 180C-13, would be either red 3630-33 or poppy red 3630-143.

What do ya think about these?