• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

3M vinyl problem...Have you notice?

DIGIXTRA

Digixtra
We have a complain on the opacity of supposingly block out vinyl from 3M.. so we check our stock and quite surprise that all the IJ35-20 and IJ35-10 have a very fainted beige adhesive coating (almost white) compare to the old stock... So check it out for yourself and avoid the headaches..

Update: our supplier has to send back all their stock to 3M and offered us a replacement rolls of higher quality with the same price :)

MGraphics

I just noticed that on the IJ35-20 I just applied...where do you get ur stock from

We have a complain on the opacity of supposingly block out vinyl from 3M.. so we check our stock and quite surprise that all the IJ35-20 and IJ35-10 have a very fainted beige adhesive coating (almost white) compare to the old stock... So check it out for yourself and avoid the headaches..

Update: our supplier has to send back all their stock to 3M and offered us a replacement rolls of higher quality with the same price :)

CanuckSigns

This is the reason i try not to use 3M vinyl, for what it costs, they should be able to implement a very good QC department, however in the last 3 or so years I have seen nothing but issues with 3M vinyl. at the same time I have had great luck with Oracal, Arlon and Avery, all of which are significantly less expensive than 3M!

jfiscus

Rap Master
Every roll here has a different shade of gray adhesive on the back.
I noticed it a long time ago, but it has never been an issue yet. Some are really dark gray and some are almost white.

This is the reason i try not to use 3M vinyl, for what it costs, they should be able to implement a very good QC department, however in the last 3 or so years I have seen nothing but issues with 3M vinyl. at the same time I have had great luck with Oracal, Arlon and Avery, all of which are significantly less expensive than 3M!

Totally agree