• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

3m vinyl

CanuckSigns

Can anyone tell me if 3M puts their logo on their carrier paper for all their digital print vinyl? we do some laminating for a competitor and he says he's getting a great deal on 3M print vinyl (can't remember the exact type, one of their lower end calendared types) but when he brings it in it looks like cheap chinese brand vinyl, the backer paper is completely blank and often has a wierd texture to the outside.

Thanks

CanuckSigns

Thanks that's what i thought, We don't use much 3M stuff, but the few things we have gotten always has 3M stamped on every available square inch, either the competitor is lying to me, or his supplier is lying to him.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I think that's one of 3M's rules... except on things like Gerber vinyls or private labeling. I don't know how much private labeling they do, but I'd be a little concerned, too.

strypguy

I know FDC films offer a 3M version. If you go to their website it you can read about it. They list cut vinyl as well as FDC re-branded control-tac print receptive vinyls. This could be the reason the 3M printing is not on the paper??

Never used the stuff so I don't know.

John