• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

3mm to points?

gabagoo

yea thats what I got...dumb ass customer asks me to print 500 of 7 different decals at 12 point. I do it and his customer says they are to big,
It's really no big deal and uses very little ink or material and the profit is high.

OK I say we will reprint and now they bring me a sample and I measure it at 3mm. so how the %^%^$ do they expect me to do 12 point and get it tp match when theres is 8 point...huh lol

dumb azz customers.

scallahan

Current DTP point system

The desktop publishing point (DTP point) is defined as 1/72 of the Anglo-Saxon compromise inch of 1959 (25.4 mm), it is approximately 0.0139 inch or 0.3528 mm. Twelve points make up a pica, and six picas make an inch.

J Hill Designs

Current DTP point system

The desktop publishing point (DTP point) is defined as 1/72 of the Anglo-Saxon compromise inch of 1959 (25.4 mm), it is approximately 0.0139 inch or 0.3528 mm. Twelve points make up a pica, and six picas make an inch.

which also means that 3mm = 8.5 pts

BUT I remember somewhere that apples use 96 points per inch? In which 3mm = ~12pts

Rooster

which also means that 3mm = 8.5 pts

BUT I remember somewhere that apples use 96 points per inch? In which 3mm = ~12pts

Uhm no. Take from an old typesetter.

Mac's have always used 72 points per inch. You're thinking of monitor resolution. Some monitors use 96 dpi instead of 72 dpi now.