• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

3rd party inks for ss21

ironchef

I'm.thinking of switching over to either 20/20 or Bordeaux inks, please comment and advise, thanks

tomence

Go with Bordeaux, i have been using them when i had my Mimaki and Roland printers, they have been proven to work by many users.

phytage

Triangle

I was a beta tester for Triangle about 15 years ago and have recently used them again. Now that Mimaki and Advantage Sign Supply are parting ways - we'll be switching over to Triangle bulk system for this newer Mimaki as well. Have you tried Triangle?

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Bordeaux or Triangle. Both are proven inks from companies that have been making ink for a LONG time. We use Triangle and if I had to choose I'd happily go with Triangle or Bordeaux. If you are going to go bulk make sure you go with a sealed ink bag type bulk setup. Both Bordeaux and Triangle makes that type. Essentially zero problems due to pressure issues and no mess.

brihalter

We print at least 10 rolls a week on our JV33 using a combination of OEM & Triangle Inks. For our Instant Granite, we prefer the results from Triangle inks vs. Mimaki, but we had a major issue with the viscosity of the Triangle MSS Black clogging our nozzles. When we switched the black ink back to Mimaki, it unclogged the nozzles where the cleaning solution wouldn’t.

The major drawback to triangle cartridges is the button that pops out of the cartridge when it is out of ink that signals to the printer that the cartridge is empty, is 2x as long as the mimaki, so it overshoots the sensor and the printer will continue to print while the ink just drops out. So we switched to a Triangle bulk system which solved that problem except the Magenta bulk doesn’t print the same as the cartridge. Our final combination of inks is: Mimaki ss21 Black cartridge, Triangle MSS Magenta cartridge, Triangle Cyan and Yellow bulk. This combination absolutely does not lead to any confusion when it comes to ordering ink.

slopoke

What is Mimaki trying to accomplish by making their ink hard to get?

I would love to know the answer to that as well.

For those that have switched to a 3rd party, did you find that your colors stayed consistent to the mimaki inks? I run a lot of jobs for very color sensitive customers and am very hesitant to switch for fear that I'll have to re-write all my profiles for PMS matching. I'm running Wasatch with a JV33 6+white.