• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

3rd party inks killed my head ?

premiercolour

Merchant Member
I recently changed my head 9/10/2018 , It's on a Roland VSi 300 . When it was new the prints were flawless ! I could do my grey to black gradients absolutely perfect , Now I'm getting the cyan overspray and my gradients are just awful and pink .. First ( stock head ) worked GREAT for 5 years but died shortly after I switched to 3rd party jetbest inks. I just came to this conclusion the other day when I was thinking about it.

So is my thought process correct ? my test print is perfect , colors are good , gradients fail but are perfect with a new head.

Autoexebat, we are the master distributor for Jetbest ink from Taiwan. Where did you buy your Jetbest ink from so I can talk to the dealer and see what is going on. Jetbest eco solvent ink does not clog printhead. Please show us a photo of the Jetbest ink, receipt of where you bought it from.

autoexebat

I have bought many from premiercolour website and ebay, That is correct it did not clog the head . Some other type of damage was done to it , thus causing the CYAN overspray .

autoexebat

There is nothing you can check , nor is there anything you can fix sadly . The print head is bad with the CYAN overspray. This is not caused by dampers , captop , encoder strip etc. Not a single head strike and maintenance done weekly as scheduled as the printer is in my home office. I have this issue one year and 3 months ago , everyone suggested everything but the moon , turned out to be the print head was damaged , same issue with the cyan overspray . This was never the issue until I started to use JetBest inks.

premiercolour

Merchant Member
Just sent you a PM.

"Would you provide an invoice copy for us to do further investigation? If it is the ink, happy to pay the bills." As simple as that.

autoexebat

Nobody can prove it's the inks , but I can't blame anything else .. I wish I could prove it as I really can't afford to fork over another $2800.00