• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

3rd Party Inks (STS)

Snook

I recently visited the SGIA show in Las Vegas and came across the STS Inks booth. If we switched from our HP OEM inks to the STS inks, we will save almost 50% in our ink costs. I have read a few posts regarding print head failures and warranty info. Does anyone use STS inks on their HP Flatbed 750? We have only used HP OEM inks up to this point. We print on digital ready white ACM and all are for outdoor use (Real Estate). Any advice would be helpful. Thanks.

Christian @ 2CT Media

I recently visited the SGIA show in Las Vegas and came across the STS Inks booth. If we switched from our HP OEM inks to the STS inks, we will save almost 50% in our ink costs. I have read a few posts regarding print head failures and warranty info. Does anyone use STS inks on their HP Flatbed 750? We have only used HP OEM inks up to this point. We print on digital ready white ACM and all are for outdoor use (Real Estate). Any advice would be helpful. Thanks.
I have received prints from another shop using it in their 750 and it's not as good adhesion wise as the OEM inks in our 750. We could easily flake it off of ACP and coroplast

flyplainsdrifta

id stick with your oem ink, at least until you don't have a service contract or are out of your warranty. as far as i know, hp will not touch your machine if you have aftermarket inks running.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
They have to according to warranty law unless they can prove your ink caused the failure in question

I have run into this a bunch of times as a field tech. As soon as you put 3rd party ink in your machine, the manufacturer can decline to honor the warranty of any ink related parts such as the print head. Any other part has to be covered such as main boards and other electrical components but anything that touches ink will not be under warranty anymore.

Snook

Thanks for the feedback. My gut is saying stick with OEM inks from HP. It would be helpful to know who out there is using 3rd party inks and would love to hear any success stories. How long have you been using 3rd party inks and have you had any issues?

flyplainsdrifta

i run nazdar inks in my roland and they've been pushing us to use the fb ink set for our 700 and 750 but I'm against it, like i said earlier, because of the existing service contract with hp. don't want something to get weird and then they show up and deem it not worthy.

bmt Promotions

bmt Promotions
As soon as you put 3rd party ink in your machine, the manufacturer can decline to honor the warranty of any ink related parts such as the print head.