• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

3rd Party Inks.

Ahmed Samy Nagada

I don't recommend any 3rd party inks, it will turn out more expensive than OEM due to waste material, low concentration of color pigments, inconsistency, dampers clog, need for new profiles, etc……
Unless from a respected brand like Bordeaux, Triangle etc….
KEEEP AWAY FROM CHINA

TrustMoore_TN

Sign & Graphics Business Consultant
Anyone found or using 3rd party inks for OKI e64s printer?
Be very careful running 3rd Party inks in that printer. I overheard a dealer service tech that services many brands talking about the nightmare a customer was going through with an OKI Colorpainter where the 3rd party inks had ruined an entire set of heads that had to be replaced and he wouldn't recommend 3rd party for the OKI's regardless of the price difference because of the cost of repair. If you do consider it, get it in writing that the supplier will cover ALL cost involved with repair by a certified OKI technician if something goes wrong... then I would have your lawyer review it thoroughly.

TheSnowman

I'd be interested to know what people have had with results using aftermarket. I had a Mimaki JV3 for like 7 years and never had any trouble with it, but it did seem to require a lot more maintenance (solvent) once I switched to Triangle or Bordeaux the last couple years. I also had a Mimaki JV33 for 4 or 5 years and ran Bordeaux ink right out of the gate with that one and it seemed to give me trouble the whole time I had it. I sold it and went to an HP Latex cause I liked the idea of instant dry and no smell, and no maintenance, and I've literally done nothing to this thing and 4 years later it's still going, and I've ran nothing but OEM ink in it.

Same has kinda gone for desktop printers. Ones that I've ran their ink in seemed to run forever, where a couple I tried aftermarket ink in, lasted a very short life. I don't know...I was always a firm believer in aftermarket inks, but looking back at the record, the OEM seems to have given me way more less frustrating life. A lot of that would have had to do with being solvent ink on my last printers too though I suppose.

Chad

Thanks for the insight - I did use Bordeaux with a roland pro iii and never had any issues with it. Color stayed the same, no head issues.

autoexebat

I would NOT recommend STS inks at all or Jetbest , take it from me I have replaced 1 hard and another one is bad in 1.5 years . Do yourself a favor and stick with OEM .

Cuantekusa

INKS FOR WIDE FORMAT PRINTERS cuantek-usa.com
Hi Chad,
We have compatible inks for OKI ColorPainter E64s in 500ml bags, just like the IP5 SX OEM inks.
No need to profile, nor flush the ink lines before switching. Made in USA, shipped from Texas.
PM me if interested.

Attachments

• E64 printer MAGENTA bag.jpg
    404.3 KB · Views: 107
  • IP5 SX INK 6BAGs.jpg
    IP5 SX INK 6BAGs.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 127
Last edited: