• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

3rd party jv33 inks?

Plopez210

seeing what 3rd party jv33 inks have been successful thinking of switching over

what are yall using? any bulk ink systems? good ink sources?

thanks

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Depends on what you are looking for...... the cheapest bulk systems use open tanks and can be a bit messy along with introducing pressure problems in the ink train, the newer more expensive bulk systems are mostly all moving towards ink bag setups. These have the advantage of not introducing potential pressure issues on the ink train (cartridges also use ink bags) and have the added benefit of pretty much zero mess and never exposing the ink to air. When ink gets used (in a cartridge or in a bulk bag type setup) the bag collapses, with an open tank setup you have a rigid tank with the top closed. If that top is sealed, as ink gets used the tank cannot collapse which causes negative pressure, if its vented to prevent that then you have the potential for excessive positive pressure and the ink is getting exposed to air. Any way you look at it, bag type systems are superior.

Then you have the ink itself. Do you want so called "eco" or "lite" solvent inks or full solvent inks? Eco and lite solvent inks do not really mean ecologically friendly, just less odor, and more often than not, less durability. Full solvent inks have strong odor. You will also want to consider a brand that is readily available to you as well as costs including shipping costs if applicable.

We have been using Triangle JVV ink in our JV33 since near day one with excellent results. First using their cartridges and for a year and half or so using Triangles Eco Bulk system. http://www.signs101.com/forums/showthread.php?92386

Love it! Works great, have not once spilled a single drop of ink using it since the ink is always sealed in bags. Their JVV ink is very strong though, I'd say stronger than OEM SS21. You definitely need ventilation.... We also create all of our own custom profiles using an i1. With our own custom profiles the JVV ink gives us a wider color gamut than oem inks as well. Ink costs using the 2 liter boxes we use.... per ml - we are well under half of the cost of OEM ink and as another added bonus we are not constantly throwing big plastic cartridges away. Triangle 2l inks are in cardboard boxes which is much more trash friendly.

nashvillesigns

Making America great, one sign at a time.
while i like shortcuts to things, i refuse to change my inks on my jv33. other owners i know, have tried other inks and it was a disaster. i get my cartridges for less than the OEM price. i feel that discount is worth the peace of mind over wondering what kind of ink covereage consistiently i am going to get tommorrow..

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
I will agree to an extent. However most of the horror stories you hear are with those who try some obscure brand and/or bought the cheapest piece of junk bulk system they could find. If you stick with one of the proven brands (companies that have been around for many many years) like Triangle, Bordeaux, Solaris.... odds are it will work just fine. I'd also say to avoid an ink that is recently introduced (even from the proven brands). Pick one from a well known company that has been in use for several years. As for bulk ink systems, you get what you pay for. The big well known and proven brands will have the support you need, stock profiles (if you use them), etc.

There are literally dozens and dozens of brands of aftermarket inks. Personally, there are only a couple that I'd trust or risk running.

4R Graphics

We run Trangle inks in our JV33 for 3 years bulk ink system and we ran trinagle bulk ink in our JV3 and the current owner of the JV3 (a good friend of mine) still runs triangle inks in it and this printer has been running bulk ink for a long time always triangle I wouldnt use anyone else.

inkmed

Most users useing this CISS.
cartridges with float can pretect the ink current without air.

Adam Yang from Inkmed

Attachments

• CISS on JV33.jpg
    CISS on JV33.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 95

Jackpine

You might want to contact Bobby Fosson , a merchant member here. I have experience with STS inks in a Mutoh and an Epson pigment printer. Plug n play with no problems. Bobby can fix you up.

MixMaker

while i like shortcuts to things, i refuse to change my inks on my jv33. other owners i know, have tried other inks and it was a disaster. i get my cartridges for less than the OEM price. i feel that discount is worth the peace of mind over wondering what kind of ink covereage consistiently i am going to get tommorrow..

I like this. I recently visited a customer that was running 3rd party ink from Nazdar. Not to knock anyones product, but those two machines were the messiest JV33's I had ever seen. One was in their mind "decent" missing half of the Black nozzles and a 1/4 of the Cyan...they were printing a green color and had really bad banding. This was a bulk system with rigid tanks and the op told me that he'd have to prime the system after every print (pull from the head with a syringe) to get anything decent out of it.

I'm on the Mimaki team and we urge our end users to stay with our ink. The voltage to the head is calibrated carefully to the chemistry of the ink. Set up a meeting with your dealer and throw out the 3rd party prices, keep your poker face on, and you'll more than likely be able to get your discount and everyone stays happy. If you do go with 3rd party, find a bag or cartridge type system, write your own profiles, and stay on top of maintenance. :thumb: