• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

4 foot width adhesive vinyl. Is there larger widths?

Jwalk

I am doing a art project that requires a 6'H x 12'W high quality vinyl print. I know I can't get a 4' and then a 2' and or if together

I believe the answer is yes that I can get a 6' width but I wonder how difficult and specialized it actually is, or does width larger than 4' exist. Most of the print shops in my city can only do 4'. I would need a turn around of about 3 days. My buddy says he know a guy but I think he doesn't know what he's talking about.

Any thoughts.

Dark Fox

vinyl

If this is adhesive vinyl, the biggest I have seen is 54". There are larger vinyls, but they're not something I would use for a high end print.
If this is non-adhesive vinyl (i.e. banner material), it can get as big as 194" wide.

Even Ambercrombie panels their displays. Most of the time 2 36" panels.

I hope this helps.

Jwalk

Yes adhesive , I edited the the topic name as well.

Yeah thats what I figured. I think my buddy is one of those guy that know everything and can do everything.

I almost wouldn't want anything bigger , I dont lay vinyl a lot and having something wider than 4 ' is going to be tough to lay down straight never mind a 6 foot width.

Brink

You what you are talking about does exist. There seems to be no agreed upon definition or specification for what is Large - Wide - and Grand. I look at it (probably in error) like this: Larger than 8.5" x 11" is considered to be large. Wider than 24 inches is considered Wide. Larger than 48 inches, Super-Wide. Wider than 63" is considered Grand.

The Grand format we all pretty much agree is very large. So you need to look for a shop that handles Grand format to get your 72 inch prints.

CanuckSigns

I contacted a wholesale printer near us that has a few huge printers, they print building wraps etc. They don't have adhesive vinyl wider than 60", she was pretty sure it's not available, at least she's never seen it.

A panel that size will need to be seamed, there is no getting around it. Having said that, depending on the circumstances, you may be able to hide the seam to the point it's pretty much invisible, phototex with a butt seam comes to mind

Andy D

Actually, I did talk to a salesperson from a company that wholesales digital prints, he told me that they had
some kind of exclusive with 3M and bought 98" (I think) wide print vinyl directly from them, but this was years ago,
and I can't remember the name of the company... but I'm with you, who would want to try and apply vinyl that wide?