Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

4 Pass mode issues (Onyx Production House 7)

Discussion in 'RIP Software & Color Management' started by njohnston, Mar 28, 2010.

1. njohnston

njohnston New Member

Mar 28, 2010
    When I try to print in 4 Pass (fast) mode using Onyx Production House 7 my image explodes to 3 times the size. All media profiles do this. I'm printing to a Mutoh 1614. 8 Pass works great but I'd like to use that fast banner mode for things that don't require high quality.

Anyone ever see this?

Tags:
  2. njohnston

njohnston New Member

Mar 28, 2010
    little more info on this one. Onyx 7.3 and it only has issues in 4 Pass Bi directional. Uni seems to work fine.

3. mzoty

mzoty New Member

Dec 2, 2008
    Budapest
    Hi,

If you change an extant (factory) profile in the Onyx which has a set number of passes, this will the throughput.
    If you want to print in 4 pass mode you have to make a brand new color profile for that media.

conclusion: in the profiles of the onyx, you can change the effect, heat settings, or you can determine the head speed (240cps/320cps).
    If you change any other settings (pass number, resolution, ink drop size) you will have problem with the throughput of the print.