• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

4" round cutting dies

DGDesigns

I have a customer that wants 4" round pcs of Komatex PVC 3mm thickness. Using them as floating advertisements in the refreshment tub. Anyone familiar with using a cutting die to achieve this instead of using a router??
I also get requests for round magnetic material...curious how that material is cut into circles?
Thanks in advance

CrabbyOldGuy

We would use a steel rule die. It works well if you have enough of a press to stamp it through. We use them on all types of material including aluminum. Just a little more than most shops have at their disposal.

CrabbyOldGuy

There are many suppliers around. Depends on your area. I would suggest a google search for someone near to you. We use Apple Die out of Millwaukee. Just make sure you have a press that can handle the pressure needed to cut through the material and a way to adjust the stroke so you do not crush the rule.

jfiscus

Rap Master
We use The Stewart Company here in Cincinnati, OH for our dies.
Their number is 513-646-8949, they are quick & cheap.
Round magnets can get to be a PITA, this is the best way we've found to do them though.

Bill Modzel

I would test the Komatex first. We've had mixed performance die cutting expanded pvc. The issue is surface cracking on the edge where the top "pillows" from the die cut.