• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

4' x 10' Banner

jfiscus

Rap Master
Let me know your thoughts on this; seems you guys have a good deal of information I can learn from. Wish I had posted some of these while they were still in-progress, but if your business is like mine then that's impossible due to turnaround times...

Attachments

• IMG_2321.jpg
    IMG_2321.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 111

Marlene

Text on a banner

If you need input on a banner layout than you shouldn't be in the sign business. JMO

geez guys, could you be a little meaner?

looks like you have a sky/cloud background but not sure of the reddish letters as it's hard to see what they look like with the photo posted. looks like you have a lot of copy and did put some background and colors in to make it more than text on a banner.

threeputt

I would perhaps suggest trying to keep the banner's layout from ending up so "linear".

I do realize on this type of thing it's sometimes difficult.

But if you can add a line of script, that always helps.

Maybe bundle up some smaller, less important information into a circle and reverse it out.

An arch, anything to break up the left/right line-ish look to it.

omgsideburns

It reads like a paragraph.. you gotta break the stuff up like threeputt said.

And (in my opinion) I'd avoid laying textured text over a textured background.. it's like wearing stripes with plaid.

Jillbeans

Here's a real quick suggestion, not kerned or anything.
You need to have some visual interest rather than just a bunch of typed words.
Adding a panel can help, and varying up the fonts just a little bit.
Next time ask us, we all have an opinion and most of us like to help.
If you want to see some great looking church signs check out John Deaton's gallery here.
Love....Jill

Attachments

• Graphic1.jpg
    Graphic1.jpg
    226.8 KB · Views: 80

RJ California

If you want to see some great looking church signs check out John Deaton's gallery here.
Love....Jill

Looks great Jill!! -- And I agree with your comments.

Good point by Pat White -- Jfiscus never claimed that it was a spectacular layout -- it was just a recent job to get some feedback on. The snide little one line putdowns with no helpful input serve no purpose.

jfiscus

Rap Master
Love....Jill

thank you Jill,
they just changed all of their marketing material to use that font & wanted it used on the banner, or I would have went a different route for most of it. I do like the info sidebarred to the left versus above though.

JR's

Hi jfiscus. who installed the banner. just a pointer when installing on bricks you should try and line up the holes with the moder lines. even if the bottom line doesn't use a anchor and a eye bolt and rope. this way if when thy take the banner down and don't like the hole its a easy fix. and you don't have to worry about braking a brick.

JR

jfiscus

Rap Master
Hi jfiscus. who installed the banner. just a pointer when installing on bricks you should try and line up the holes with the moder lines. even if the bottom line doesn't use a anchor and a eye bolt and rope. this way if when thy take the banner down and don't like the hole its a easy fix. and you don't have to worry about braking a brick.

JR

Customer installed, just came in & asked for that specific sized banner, said they'd take care of the rest. I noticed that too.