• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question 4" x 4" Post Sleeves

kaycee

We have a customer that is requesting 4" x 4" posts covered in a thick vinyl sleeve. They specifically stated the sleeves need to thick and durable, not Home Depot quality.

Any suggestions where I can get these?

Thanks so much for any help you can provide!!

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
We have a customer that is requesting 4" x 4" posts covered in a thick vinyl sleeve. They specifically stated the sleeves need to thick and durable, not Home Depot quality.

Any suggestions where I can get these?

Thanks so much for any help you can provide!!

I was going to suggest Home Depot till I got to the end of your post. Lol. If they need something more durable you might could use a 4" steel tube? That's pretty freaking strong.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/RDI-4-in-x-4-in-x-108-in-Composite-Post-Sleeve-61109090/203896283

Billct2

You could try vinyl fence posts, ones that are "structural". Don't know if they will slide over a 4x4 though, you may have to shave the posts. And there are prefinished aluminum 4x4s out there too, that'll last a while.

Malkin

clad them in 3/4" azek?
I find the home depot ones to be generally pretty durable. What kind of abuse do they plan for them? Or do they just want the "look" of thicker posts?

kaycee

I was going to suggest Home Depot till I got to the end of your post. Lol. If they need something more durable you might could use a 4" steel tube? That's pretty freaking strong.

https://www.homedepot.com/p/RDI-4-in-x-4-in-x-108-in-Composite-Post-Sleeve-61109090/203896283

Thank you! This looks like a good option, even if it is from Home Depot :)

Billct2

Questions I should have asked first...Why? What is the issue that has them making this request? Are they temp or permanent signs? For permanent installs we like to add a collar around the bottom of the posts when we install so there is a couple of inches of concrete out of the ground. That protects them from weed whackers and lawnmowers which can trash vinyl post covers.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Questions I should have asked first...Why? What is the issue that has them making this request? Are they temp or permanent signs? For permanent installs we like to add a collar around the bottom of the posts when we install so there is a couple of inches of concrete out of the ground. That protects them from weed whackers and lawnmowers which can trash vinyl post covers.

Haha, exactly why I use them! We replaced about 10 leasing signs for a client a few years ago and the old poles over the years got beat to hell from the weed whackers. We put 2' collars at the bottom (posts painted white to match) and they seem to be holding up much better.

Untitled.jpg

I have a realtor asked me for a quote for 4x8 ft sign like this one. How much do you all charge for a real estate sign like this with and without installation?

BobM

I gave up being cheap and started using 4x4 Aluminum posts over 4x4 PT posts. Removable, durable and sturdy. Cost more for first installation but always look professional. Tired of "cheap" customers selling expensive real estate trying to save pennies and complaining what their sigs look like after a few weeks.