• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

4' x 8' alu-panel printed/laminated double sided.

Salmoneye

Sold one today: 4' x 8' printed on orocal and laminated. Basic text design, I will install, prob 20 minute inst and 2 mi drive. Double sided and laminated. I charged $500. but I think I would have charged the same if it was a pick-up. Just did the install to get the job. Is this price high or low? Customer didn't squak but I want to know where I am in the market.

TheSellOut

I think you are low if you are talking a piece of Econolite. I would say $650 for a double sided 4' x 8'!

and you should always charge for installation. how did you mount it between to posts? Did you have to fabricate/buy brackets that you didn't charge for? hardware? Do you have to have a contractors license to do work in your town? Permit? These things all cost money that you should be charging for!

Don't be the "the guy down the street said he would do it for $500 bucks and hang it up for me too" guy!

Salmoneye

OK, thanks Heath Sign. I thought I was going to get shafted for being too high. I am mounting it on 3mm Alu panel that costs me $48. The print is basic (I could just cut vinyl) I will have to screw it into an angle iron frame. 20 min plus self tappers and washers. Replacing a sign, no permit req.

Screenanator

Out here in Calif I get 350.00 per side...plus install time for 4x8 alu-panel signs.But we're over priced housing central...lol

luggnut

i'm in alabama home of the lowballers and i would get $500 or so for single sided installed (simple screw onto bldg or exsisting post) i know you don't have a lot in material cost but you have a several hour investment in your time and you must charge for that. my small one man shop has $4000-6000 in bills each month and then i need to make enough to pay me and make some money too... don't short change yourself... you'll be working really hard just so you can eventually close your doors. if you are not gonna make money in biz you would be so much better off just getting a job and making it home with some money.

Biker Scout

You'll never be shafted for "being too high"... in this biz, and the way things are with fly-by-nights operations, you'll be greeted with a "More power to ya!"

Salmoneye

I think I am going to set my prices at $440. single sided, $525 ds plus installation and design (for anything over basic text)