• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

4 x 8 angle mount help

De.signs Nanaimo

Hi Guys, I saw a product in a magazine once and can't seen to find it anywhere online, or even remember what to call it! It was a simple angle bracket for holding a 4 x 8 for non profit intersection sign. It held two, cut to length 2x4's at an angle, open end to ground on both sides that made 4 stable feet. You then nail into those the ground. Super simple and quick way to install a big sign! Any one know about these or where to find them?

De.signs Nanaimo

Drawing

Yes guys sorry here is what I am after!

Sign eg.jpg

Pat Whatley

I'm willing to bet you that's something from Simpson Strong Tie that somebody figured out how to use for that sign. Strong Tie makes all those metal joist hangers you see in hardware stores and they've got a couple of thousand more in their catalog. Look for Hip Corner Plates or Hip Ridge Plates.

This is a basic Hip Corner Plate. They come in a bunch of different angles and thicknesses.

Attachments

• hcp.jpg
    hcp.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 56

Billct2

Looks like something that a welder would put together in their spare time. When confronted with this type of install situation I just make a giant a frame out of the sign