• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

460GT head clean and disable

growler

Hey team

double barrled question here.

Firstly, does anyone use NMP on their heads to clean them. I have previously used it on other machines (KM512 heads) and had amazing results at cleaning deflection and blockages. artbot can you answer this one?

Secondly, my varnish and white heads never get used, I would love to remove them and disable if possible so I have spare heads or I guess at worst find some long life chips so I don't have to keep throwing ink out, anyone have ideas/solutions on this?

TIA :)

CMYKENGINEERING

Merchant Member
You can convert your white and varnish heads to additional cyan and magenta heads, for instance. In case you don't want to do that, you could disconnect the tanks and remove the heads. If you're interested in this option, I can provide more detailed instructions.

Alternatively, you can purchase ink authentication RFID chips that last for 1 year, so you could leave your machine untouched and only replace the chips once a year.

growler

You can convert your white and varnish heads to additional cyan and magenta heads, for instance. In case you don't want to do that, you could disconnect the tanks and remove the heads. If you're interested in this option, I can provide more detailed instructions.

Alternatively, you can purchase ink authentication RFID chips that last for 1 year, so you could leave your machine untouched and only replace the chips once a year.

Would love some info on disabling altogether and having the machine not give me constant errors. Will I need a SDS key, can I purchase one of these anywhere?

CMYKENGINEERING

Merchant Member
It's a little involved and somewhat depends on how comfortable you are working on your machine.

Basically, you'll want to trick the printer into thinking the carriage tanks are full. You do this by disconnecting the ink level sensors for the heads in question. Then, you'll want to flush the ink left in those tanks. Close all the other tanks except the ones you're working on, then push the purge button several times, until no more ink comes out of the heads. Assuming you want to save those heads, turn off the machine, disconnect the heads, close the subtanks' outlets with caps, and deinstall the heads.

I've attached some pictures to help guide you in the process. An SDS key is not required.

Attachments

• Remove White and Varnish.zip
    676.2 KB · Views: 356