• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

48" Application tape machine

chartle

Tried a search but not sure what to search for.

We need to apply application tape to vinyl upto 48" and maybe upto 54". Its 3m 680 reflective that doesn't like to have application tape stick to the backing. Heck the vinyl doesn't like to stick the backing.:)

I got a tip from here to use 3m scps 55 tape and it makes a huge difference but its still tough dealing with big sheets of material.

I've seen large taping machines but lost the link. So i'm looking for a semi automated machine. We may start to go through a few 100 foot rolls of tape a day.

Also these are shipped so to get that really good bond I've used our laminator but that's a pain.

cliff

PS My graphics supplier is pushing a Rollsroller but until this little operation starts to really make money its not in the cards.

Cold laminator would be the best I would think. But a decent used one and set it up for transfer only. Then it won't be such a pain to set it up

chartle

I've seen the sheeter it's just not wide enough.

As for a laminator we switch between 30 and 48.

I saw a machine where you loaded the tape between two rolls on top and fed the sheet underneath.

31legen

App tape machine

Find a used daige laminator. Thats really all these things are good for. Ive got an old 55" daige that does a great job.

chartle

I'm bumping this thread a bit. We are going to start run a lot of rolls of 48" wide reflective that has to be taped.

I still can't find the machine I found a few months back and a Rolls Roller (sp?) is a tad expensive.

you need a cold Roll Laminator, will make it easy to premask once you practice/master the setup

Find a used one, or go with a entry level model with a USTECH or Diage, you can find one for 3 grand or less

you will need it once you break big and get you a wide format printer

chartle

I now use a my laminator and even with a second one we will have to do a fair amount of roll swapping.

The one I saw was a dedicated machine that in the base model used a hand crank and you just set your paper on a set of rollers on the top for the machine, lifted a bar or something, inserted the vinyl and started cranking.

It was very simple in operation and didn't require you to re web the machine for each paper.

chartle

OK found the website of the machine I was looking for, it's the EZY TAPER.

Big problem I have is the cost. It's a third of the way to getting a Rolls Roller. :(

chartle

This is an in house company, we are starting to do graphics for all our divisions nationwide.

I'm just looking for a not so expensive easier way to do things and 48" is what this very special reflective comes in.

I have a perfectly good home made bracket I made for upto 30" its just hand taping 48" is a tad difficult.

I just had a bit of sticker shock when I saw the EZY taper price. We have the money just not sure $5,000 + is worth it.

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
OK found the website of the machine I was looking for, it's the EZY TAPER.

Big problem I have is the cost. It's a third of the way to getting a Rolls Roller. :(

Awesome, I didn't know something like that even existed when I built mine...

JB