• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

48" Mutoh package deal from SW

S

Sign-Man Signs

Ever try to get a call back from SW. I don't think so.....

S

Sign-Man Signs

Just wanted Jim to respond. You don't mind do ya? Might help someone else checking out the forum. I don't have an issue with SW and I have never had a real problem with their service. They could spend a little more time on their sales staff with product knowledge.
Like the question I asked about the Lynx 60. Why did they stop making it. Too good I think. I bought a QE60 and to be frank, I'm not happy with it at all. It's Graphtec Clone of some kind. As a mater of fact, I'm putting it up for sale next week to get it out of the shop.
:thumb:

Jim Doggett

Hate to steal a thread for my own personal use... what the hell.
Jim,
Where do I get a driver for a prism jet xtra, 36"?
Where do I get a sight or light for a QE 60 with ARMS?
Why don't you sell the Lynx 60 anymore? What a great plotter.
Who is doing your local repairs for prism jet xtra in Florida?
We have been well satisfied with our purchase over a year ago.

My techie skills are pretty suspect, but as you say, what the ... :^)

PrismJet EXtra Driver? It should be included in your copy of Flexi, or any RIP with a Mutoh Falcon Outdoor Jr. driver

Vinyl Express Qe 60 with ARMS? Hmmm? If you have the AMS, a bomb site is not needed. You'd want to do the auto-alignment, not the X-Y axis method. Out of Flexi, it's a snap with ARMS.

Why no Lynx? Sorry about that. The Lynx is a sweet cutter, and uber popular. But the Vinyl Express Qe 60 is on another level, by orders of magnitude -- for exactly the same price. So the short answer is: Because we're SignWarehouse. That means we'll constantly look for better products for the same or less money ... so that ... customers who buy from SignWarehouse make more money than customers that do not buy from SignWarehouse :^)))) Man I love this job!

Where to get service for your PrismJet EXtra? If you're still within your one-year warranty, you'll get on-site service from GEI Calgraph. Otherwise, I'd advise you call our techs, since they're WAY more knowledgeable than me when it comes to servicing equipment. We have Live Chat online. But the 800# is good option, too. We have a better than 70% "get thru on 1st call" record in our phone tech department ... we track that closely, to monitor how we're doing on our quest for 100%.

Lastly, thank you so much for your kind words. To come in on Monday morning and read your post makes me think, this is going to be a great week! Hope yours is great, too. If I can help, 206.384.7078 is my mobile number.

Best Regards,

Jim

brentonchad

We are in the process of looking and I also saw this deal. I realize it's a-la-carte and I liked that idea. But to be honest I was a little turned off by the pricing of the extra's. Such as the crossover cable for $50 bucks - those are nothign special and cost about 10 bucks locally. Best Buy has one for 21 and that's still way overpriced but more than 50% cheaper than this. But my point is that makes me wonder about the pricing of the other options that I am not familiar with enough to know better. I may save a ton on the printer but lose my butt on the other options. And as it seems this is a getting started package I am a little leary that they are trying to pull the wool over my eyes.

Also - what is the major differences between the valuejet and prismjet (for $7495)

Matt Cuellar

Reliability, speed, and performance. The VJ will do 4 to 5x more than the PJ can do in all aspects...output, ease-of-use, maintenance, etc, etc. The VJ is such a great printer, it's hard to go wrong with it as long as you have good support to back you up. Good luck!

JBarraxSW

We are in the process of looking and I also saw this deal. I realize it's a-la-carte and I liked that idea. But to be honest I was a little turned off by the pricing of the extra's. Such as the crossover cable for $50 bucks - those are nothign special and cost about 10 bucks locally. Best Buy has one for 21 and that's still way overpriced but more than 50% cheaper than this. But my point is that makes me wonder about the pricing of the other options that I am not familiar with enough to know better. I may save a ton on the printer but lose my butt on the other options. And as it seems this is a getting started package I am a little leary that they are trying to pull the wool over my eyes.

Also - what is the major differences between the valuejet and prismjet (for $7495)
Hello Brenton.
The idea behind this offer is to try to help people in different stages of business development. With the way we used to offer them in a one size fits all package, you HAD to buy these options whether you felt you needed them or not. This way, you can pick and choose. If you are just starting out, you'll need several things: printer,inks, software, supplies, etc. The total price with all of those is going to be in the $10 - 13$ range depending on what you buy.

Of course you also get to pick at least $1,000 in supplies you want, so it's a great opportunity to build your own package. It's hard to go wrong with this deal. :)
If you need a package with a cutter, you get to add the 54" Q-130 with a state of the art registration mark sensor for only $3,995.00 including freight (plus $1,000 more in free supplies!!) so that's a screaming good deal.

But if you are a signmaker who already has a printer and just needs a backup, you don't need all the extra's: supplies, inks, etc. so you have the option of buying a second printer without having to pay $13,000 for it. This way, no matter what you need, we've got a good value at a good price.

The difference between the PrismJET Extra and the PrismJET VJ (aka ValueJet) is the firmware.
They both use the same Mutoh Eco Ultra ink,
They both use Epson piezo electric heads,
They both have pre-and platen heaters,
They both have advanced media handling systems,
They both produce high quality prints on about the same range of media.(vinyls, banner, photo paper, backlit film, fabric, etc, etc.)

The PrismJET EXtra uses a piezo head that works like every other large format digital printer on the market; laying down ink in parallel passes. It produces good output.
The PrismJET VJ uses Mutoh's Intelligent Interweave--which we like to call wave printing :) --to lay down ink in overlapping wave patterns. This makes it easier to lay down ink faster without visible banding which results in faster speed at high resolution.

Either one is a good choice. And if you purchase either one from SignWarehouse, you get support from some of the most knowledgable people in the industry. We do beta testing for SAI on FlexiPro and know these printers inside and out because we sell more of them than anyone else in the country.
And of course you get easy access to answers via our online knowledge base and, as Jim mentioned above, live chat support.

So pick your printer, pick your supplies. You get to decide what package or combination of printer, cutter, vinyls etc, is right for you.
What could be better?

JBarraxSW

go with the Valuejet, the Prismjet (falcon jr.) is old technology.

by the way, the PrismJET EXtra 48 is not the same as the Falcon Jr. The Jr. is the four color 36" version that came to market in summer of 2004. The PrismJET Extra48 which we currently have on sale is the six color, (CMYKLcLM palette) and has a more consistent heater system than the Falcon Outdoor Jr. did.

And the PrismJET EXtra's are made exclusively for SignWarehouse so they are not the same as the Falcon Outdoor and Outdoor Jr. They're better. We had Mutoh beef up the internal ink delivery systems to make them more reliable. When you buy and sell as many printers as we do, you can do that. :)

bjones

Funny how you list backlit material as being something it the outdoor jr prints on.. I have yet to get even close to acceptable output on any backlit material with mine. Everything it prints looks awesome until you backlight it and then it looks like dung. The best answer from the world famous signwarehouse tech support has been 'don't print backlit'. hehe. So, got any ideas? i've tried a number of brands with their profiles always get the same results, extremely apparent banding when backlit.

zgraphics

Ok what is the crossover cable that you all are talking about? I have a PrismJet Extra and it works great..

brentonchad

Crossover cable is a patch cable that would go from your pc's network card directly to the printer. You can use it instead of a USB or Parallel cable that most printers use. The crossover cable allows you to get the data to the printer faster. It is the same as a "patch cable, ethernet cable, etc - EXCEPT that the send and recieve pairs are reversed on each end (hence the send pair on one end is the receive pair on the other end).

JBarraxSW

Funny how you list backlit material as being something it the outdoor jr prints on.. I have yet to get even close to acceptable output on any backlit material with mine. Everything it prints looks awesome until you backlight it and then it looks like dung. The best answer from the world famous signwarehouse tech support has been 'don't print backlit'. hehe. So, got any ideas? i've tried a number of brands with their profiles always get the same results, extremely apparent banding when backlit.
You're probably using incomatible media or the wrong ICC profile. I suggest you try our PrismJET 3649 matte backlit film. You don't have to use our branded media of course, but not all backlit film is going to produce similar results. Some of it is topcoated for water-based inkjet printers. Using top-coated media with an ecosolvent printer will often produce less than ideal results. Maybe that's where your "dung" look is coming from. :)

If you are using the right media and getting dungy prints, you are most likely using the wrong ICC Profile. If you don't have a profile for backlit film I would start with the Mutoh Falcon Outdoor/Orajet 3850 translucent profile. I've had good results with that one for a variety of matte media. If that doesn't help, give us a call and our techs will send you a CD with all of our recommended profiles and make some suggestions. And, if you pm me with your mailing address, I'll be happy to send you one of our print samples so you can see what kind of output your printer is capable of on that media.

If you're using FlexiPro 8.x, to find the Orajet 3850 ICC profile,
Open Production Manager,
Select the Advanced tab,
Click the output profiles tab,
Scroll to the bottom of the list, and click "Add"
In the Open window, browse to your hard drive (or the drive on which you installed FlexiPro) and select the Program Files folder.
Then select FlexiSignPro 8.1v1
Then, in the Flexi folders, select the ICCProfile folder
Then from the list of printers, select Mutoh Rockhopper FalconOutdoor
(this is the list of pre-installed Falcon Outdoor ICCProfiles that comes with FlexiPro).
From this list, select Oracal3850_EcoSolCMYKLcLm__720x720 _HiQ.icc and hit Open.

Hope this helps. If you get lost or don't have that profile, give our techs a call and they'll help you out. :)