• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

48" Prismjet Extra Parts and Info Needed

rman

I have the opportunity to buy a two year old 48" Prismjet Extra with a 54" Vinyl Express Panther plotter, Flexi sign and onyx for under 5K...is this a good price? Sounds like it is...don't know for sure. It's a package that was bought from sign warehouse 2 years ago. I don't plan on using it every day, at least not right away. It will be used mostly for banners and printed cut graphics for vehicles. I was wondering if parts are still available for the machine and where to buy since it is out of warranty. What material does this printer work best with?

1. Vinyl (cast, calendered, vue thru and for wraps)
2. 13oz. Banner

How is the plotter?

:thankyou:

Flame

It will print on vinyl just fine, any solvent receptive vinyl out there that I am aware of. The plotter is just a re-branded Graphtec.

Both are good machines, just take care of them, and for parts, go to www.cmykparts.com

rman

Actually the Panther it's a GCC product.

Not sure about the condition of the printer... Why are you looking for parts?
Does it need new heads?

What is GCC product? Where can I find more info on this plotter? I was asking about parts to see if they are still available to buy since the printer is out of warranty. Wanted to also get an idea of what it would cost to maintain the printer.

zgraphics

Excellent Price, Just the machine for that price is a great price. I paid $10,000 for my prismjet extra 62 inch. Go for it...