• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

4over.com

ChicagoGraphics

Today I had a regular customer come in wanting me to match a price on a 1,000 busines cards. they got there quote from REDTAGPRINTS.COM,
AKA 4over.com

When the hell did they start doing retail? And they claim to be only a trade wholesaler.

KevSign

The Online whole sale printer is just like Lion. You feed them as wholesale and they grow bigger and hungrier and start retails and eat you too :) That's my thought.

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
RedTag is priced a little higher than 4over. It's still not technically a retail site, they actually have a handful of higher volume resellers that they pay a commission to whenever there is a sale through redtag.

It's controversial yes, but if you're in with 4over, there's a nice commission to be made for not really doing much. They also send all the contact details of the customer to the reseller for upselling and support.

signswi

Charge properly for the design, the print is basically a commodity at this point for a standard 12pt. stock with gloss uv coat business card. Should still be able to make okay margins for basically no work but the design end should be the real profit driver.

Plus, customers who nickel and dime you over internet prices aren't customers worth having. Let someone else worry about them. Good customers understand the value of the relationship and your service and will pay a margin for it.

CanuckSigns

Charge properly for the design, the print is basically a commodity at this point for a standard 12pt. stock with gloss uv coat business card. Should still be able to make okay margins for basically no work but the design end should be the real profit driver.

Plus, customers who nickel and dime you over internet prices aren't customers worth having. Let someone else worry about them. Good customers understand the value of the relationship and your service and will pay a margin for it.

:goodpost: I always make more on business card design than I do on the printing, quick copy shops have turned business cards into a commodity, but 99% of them can't design their way out of a wet paper bag, this is where you can set yourself apart

TheSnowman

I'm a GotPrint.com guy. They do great work, and they have a retail AND wholesale login so I still get lower pricing than the guy that's on there shopping around. Do I charge what they charge retail, no way...it's not worth doing it for what they charge, but normally people know already that I'm not going to try and compete with online.