• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

4over just cost us a major client

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
This may not be a popular opinion, but you are solely responsible for your relationship with your customers. You put it at risk by employing third party vendors. We take that risk every day, just like many other shops. It's just the risk you take by selling products you can't do in-house. I've seen 4over Local Delivery drop off other jobs at our store. I've seen Signs365 send my job to another state. Even seen them send my order to another print shop to produce. I've had B2sign send a product that had the second side upside down while the others were fine. I had a customer get a blank banner once from someone she used once. I've had a local print shop print the low res proof with watermarks. That stuff is going to happen. Your supplier is going to send you the wrong material. Your printer is going to crash. Your employee is going to have a wreck on the way to the job. Your customer is going to keep asking "why can't YOU get it right?"

Yep...at the end of the day it all comes to rest on our shoulders. Client's remember excuses...every last one of them...for years, it seems. The less ammunition you give them, the better.

papabud

Lone Wolf
i used to allow things to be dropped shipped. then it bite my butt and now everything comes to me. i even became good at repairing banner stands. its a lot easier to pull the cover off and fix it than it is to wait a month for a new one.

CanuckSigns

I agree with your old owner, don't rely on 4over for anything important or last minute. Almost every time we leave a job too the last minute with them they miss the deadline oress up the job somehow. They are great for what they are , a cheap trade printer, but if there is a chance that them missing their deadline will mess you up, avoid them.

Reveal1

On a side mote, we purchase retractors from Creative Banner who has a great selection, and use Grimco's rollup film with good success and decent profit.

gabagoo

I do all my own banner stands and only use a decent stand that costs me $75.00 I have tried those cheap $25 stands that most re-sellers use and they are absolute garbage. I now tell clients that if they insist on having a cheap stand they can go elsewhere, I want no part of the experience. I did outsource 3 banner stands for a friend opening a new business and had a big trade show. He wanted these 59" wide stands and I can't print that large so I sent it to the guys who I buy my good stands from ( a large trade show booth company everyone knows). Thankfully I opened them when they got here and one had damaged graphics dead centre of the print and very noticeable and the other two were not put in the top clip properly and sagged horribly. They were all sent back and I basically reemed my sales guy as to how they could allow stuff like this to be shipped. they fixed them and I have now learned again that outsourcing sometimes is just not worth the trouble.

Karen Saros

We recently landed a large client with one of the largest employers in our entire region after months of nurturing.

On their very first order with us, it was just a simple banner stand.

We ordered through 4over and the first time it was delivered, it was a banner stand for a completely different company.

They re-printed and sent it a second time and this time it won't retract.

They've messed up the same order twice in a row, killing our new relationship in the process.

Has anybody else faced similar issues with 4over? I recently purchased this company (we're a marketing company at our core) but I understand we've done business with 4over for 9 years.

I asked the previous owner about 4over last night and his comment was, "never rely on 4over for anything important...they offer a lot of products at a good price but customer service and quality assurance matters.

What's your experience been? Should we avoid them for anything important in the future?

Karen Saros

I completely agree with the friend you asked!
I have used 4over for paper printing and they are great way better the any other super trade out there
But I really think they thought they could have the same quality control and order accuracy in large format
Its just like somebody thinking just because they have a computer that they instantly become a graphic designer
they need to hire experts in signage production and do a complete 360 in their approach
they have made so many horrible mistakes on my sign projects I will not buy any large format for them
they really think we should pay for a pdf proof and then say they are not responsible for printing the right colors
LOL not funny

Mark H

We recently landed a large client with one of the largest employers in our entire region after months of nurturing.

We ordered through 4over and the first time it was delivered, it was a banner stand for a completely different company.

They've messed up the same order twice in a row, killing our new relationship in the process.

Has anybody else faced similar issues with 4over? I recently purchased this company (we're a marketing company at our core) but I understand we've done business with 4over for 9 years.

I asked the previous owner about 4over last night and his comment was, "never rely on 4over for anything important...they offer a lot of products at a good price but customer service and quality assurance matters.

What's your experience been? Should we avoid them for anything important in the future?

I have used 4over for printing for 10 years and have probably had 2 quality problems. Wide Format products and stuff like retractable banners is another story. Why do you buy it from 4over? Last I knew 4over outsources all that to B2sign. Order directly from B2sign.com is my recommendation. Also, I drop ship all my printing and have never had a problem.

Last edited:

bannertime

I have used 4over for printing for 10 years and have probably had 2 quality problems. Wide Format products and stuff like retractable banners is another story. Why do you buy it from 4over? Last I knew 4over outsources all that to B2sign. Order directly from B2sign.com is my recommendation. Also, I drop ship all my printing and have never had a problem.

Not sure were you got that info from. At least, 4over here in Arlington TX does wide format in house. Rigid Boards, Banner, Retractable, etc.

Superior_Adam

Creative Banner or Showdown Displays. They are the same company just branded differently. We have used them for the feather flags and banner stands. Although we print the inserts in house to control that part we just use the hardware. I have never had a stand come in that has not worked and we have been buying them for 8+ years.

Megagrafix

President

For reliable Customerr service contact MegaGrafix