Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

4th of July plans?

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by john1, Jun 30, 2012.

1. john1

john1 Guest

What's everyone have planned for the 4th?

I'm probably going to do a cookout with the girlfriends family. Everything is on me of course since i had a record setting month for my business.

Tags:
  2. SignManiac

SignManiac Major Contributor

Mar 25, 2006
    Mars Florida
    Roasted wild boar shot in the back yard, lots of beer, semi automatic weapons, fireworks, swimming pool, beer, just the typical stuff.

3. john1

john1 Guest

Everyone around here has off this coming week so we are doing everything on the 4th. Should be fun!

Beer is a given :)

4. rjssigns

rjssigns Major Contributor

Jun 4, 2007
    Home Office
    Beer can chicken of the grill, motorcycle ride, taking timed exposures of the fireworks.
    The last part makes me chuckle. Here I am with a Nikon D7000, has all the latest features, but using a piece of black coro for a shutter.

5. sar bossier

sar bossier Very Active Member

Apr 7, 2011
    Sleep, Swimming pool, Beer, brats

6. WildWestDesigns

WildWestDesigns Major Contributor

Sep 27, 2010
    Mid TN
    My farm is in the city limits and we have a ban on both fireworks and grilling here. Not that we do the fireworks thing, but I'll have to figure something out with the grilling.

7. signswi

signswi Very Active Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Hang out with my son, work on my businesses when he's napping. Avoid 4th of July nonsense and the yahoos that it brings out.

8. HaroldDesign

HaroldDesign Very Active Member

Aug 16, 2007
    My hope is to take the boat out fishing. I got my lower unit back on correctly, but found it has some other issues over the weekend. Ugh. If not it will consist of grilling and fireworks!

9. J Hill Designs

J Hill Designs Major Contributor

Sep 24, 2004
    hopefully not working

10. Fanaticus

Fanaticus Member

Jan 19, 2011
    work. my customers don't give two squats if it's a holiday or what holiday it is. They want their stuff NOW.

11. brush1

brush1 Member

Dec 19, 2008
    Working. Around 200 lbs banner material tru my 2 Versacamm.
    Whole week was slow and when is holliday I'm working. It is very often like this.
    I'm still waiting for file so didn't start yet.

12. SD&F

SD&F Very Active Member

Oct 4, 2009
    We had a really nice barbeque last year with family and everyone here from work. It was great fun, but no one left. Literally I could not get them to leave and I was afraid to ask them to due to the condition a few of them were in. SOOOOO, this year just the family doing a brisket all night long and sitting on the front porch swing watching our two clutches of baby ducks.

13. Donny7833

Donny7833 Member

Nov 6, 2006
    Bluffton, SC
    My band got a gig at Summerfest, haven't played there since 2005, should be a hoot. Should get home in time to see the local fireworks with the family. That is if it's not cancelled due to lack of rain...

14. signworldusinc

signworldusinc Merchant Member

May 16, 2012
    Rancho Cucamonga, CA
    Kicking it out at the beach

15. john1

john1 Guest

Just got a government job that's due on the 4th, Should be picking the order up in the morning then the afternoon/evening i am taking off!