Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

4'x12' acrylic mounting

Discussion in 'Installation Equipment & Techniques' started by tsgstl, Feb 8, 2013.

1. tsgstl

tsgstl Active Member

Jan 17, 2012
    I have a large acrylic 4'x12' to mount over a display case in a arena.

It existed before with a aluminum similar to a awning type frame 1" square. It also had awning type material that was printed with their logo and corporate sponsor. I am ready to go and I was just going to screw it to the existing frame, and set it up in place using the existing hardware. The install got pushed off until next week now and they originally wanted no screws showing. This thing is up flat mounted against the front of a large display case showcasing numerous awards and whatnots. I did not feel comfortable using any type of adhesive knowing that if this thing fell it could injure anyone under it.
    Any ideas as to installing this to the frame without screws showing on the face?

Tags:
  2. J Hill Designs

J Hill Designs Major Contributor

Sep 24, 2004
    nope. I would be a little wary of screwing it on, as well. perhaps a retainer system out of 1.5"x1.5" aluminum angle

3. MikePro

MikePro Major Contributor

Feb 3, 2010
    Racine, WI
    use this stuff all the time:

only visible hardware are the counter-sunk screws for the end caps.

Extruded Aluminum SignComp Wall Frame
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

4. Mosh

Mosh Major Contributor

Oct 19, 2009
    Nerbaska
    +Aluminum Retainer

5. tsgstl

tsgstl Active Member

Jan 17, 2012
    thanks a ton guys, I have plenty of it laying around from other projects. I didn't want to go with plex in the first place but apparently its the only sheetgood available in 12' anymore without waiting for a special order.

6. Mosh

Mosh Major Contributor

Oct 19, 2009
    Nerbaska
    flex-face it...way

7. tsgstl

tsgstl Active Member

Jan 17, 2012
    they lost there sponsor and wanted a easier cleaner way of adding/subtracting future corporate sponsors