• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

4x15 foot banner installation between two polls

Below is an illustration of how it's setup. It's 15 feet wide. The two red horizontal lines top and bottom represent wire aircraft grade cable as in this link...http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=97506

My question is how would you stretch this cable. Banner has been provided by customer and we are just going to install it.

I was reading other posts before and many suggestions were to stretch wire cable very tought so it would prevent any flapping of the banner.

Any suggestions how I can make it super tight?

I just find it hard because the banner is exactly 4x15 and the space in between is exactly 15 feet.

What happens when customer does not consult with the installer (customer is another sign company, go figure...)

We just want to make it go smoothly and stress free is all.

Thanks for all your help!

Miguel.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 84

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Totally secure the cable to one end and with a winch..... tighten it to the other end until you can't tighten anymore and then secure that end. Follow the same steps for the bottom one. Keep about 6" higher and lower than your banner and secure it in place with clips or c-rings. Tie the banner off to each end with ropes so it remains centered.

Totally secure the cable to one end and with a winch..... tighten it to the other end until you can't tighten anymore and then secure that end. Follow the same steps for the bottom one. Keep about 6" higher and lower than your banner and secure it in place with clips or c-rings. Tie the banner off to each end with ropes so it remains centered.

Can you do that around the pole or should I weld some eye bolts?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
If you have the room to weld on eye bolts.... do that, then winch it tight. I didn't think you had that capability.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Another option if you don't want to weld on the poles could be:
http://www.band-it-idex.com/en/products/Banding Systems/Banding Systems Index.html
A little more complicated than it needs to be at first but once you get it down you will be strapping everything in sight that isn't moving.

We used this when we did banner installs off island in multiple locations and didn't know exactly what we would be hanging off of. Some locations were steel poles others were concrete block. We worked over the fuel pumps so we couldn't do a lot of drilling and welding.
With a single heavy chain link banded to the poles at each corner it was a snap to get the banners up.

wayne k
guam usa

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
If you are using steel line, you can have turnbuckles to tighten, and adjust if cable stretches.