• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

4'x6' For Sale Sign

Stacey K

I like making signs
Change of plans last minute on this LOL! The excavator for the site, who is my friend, told me digging would be a nightmare. There was only 12" of soil and chunks of blacktop under that. So, at noon on Friday I had to make my first free-standing sign. Used some pics off of here and run to the lumber store quick to the grab everything before they closed. My son and I made this in my driveway at home and used the snowmobile trailer to drive it the 2 blocks downtown. Assembling onsite would not allow for squareness, no flat concrete around and I was a little nervous so didn't want to be on display for all of downtown to watch me. Not sure if it's exactly the right way to make this but we had 40 mph winds and it didn't blow over. Will grab some sandbags today.

Anyway, how do I charge for the stand? Lumber was $169 + screws. 10 min deliver 3 people, 45 minutes to construct. 30 minutes to cut lumber and pre-drill screws in sign and paint screw/washers. Thanks all!

Attachments

• 62584555786__50C3FC9D-DBA1-45CA-A3D5-E9C127D77029.jpeg
    62584555786__50C3FC9D-DBA1-45CA-A3D5-E9C127D77029.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 130

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Most likely, about $50 or $60 worth of wood and misc. About 45 minutes to make it, if that. (we got 'em down to 15 minutes a side to make and that includes routing the post about 50"). Transport time and on-site assembly. I'd say the sleds with installation are worth about $350. In my picture, since you're on cement, putting those end pieces from corner to corner will help prevent racking, better than your setup. I'd also toe
the side supports in for more strength.

sled rack.jpg

Billct2

That's about how we make them except we have the upright go to the ground and thru bolt to the 4"x4". I don't like to quote prices in public but $5-600 plus the sign would be fair

Stacey K

I like making signs
Extremely helpful Gino and Billct2!
Gino - makes total sense. I can run down there and make those changes easy enough.
Billct2 - I didn't really like how I did that but I had to get it done quickly. I will make sure next time I do the bolts, much sturdier!