• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

5 Steps to Guaranteed Sales... Really?

thesignexpert

I recently got a rather odd question for the ProSignRepair.com website. "How does the website guarantee sales?" To those of us who deal with sales all the time (and know how fickle potential clients can be) this question is definitely out there. Of course it also a perfectly valid question.

I couldn't resist writing a blog post about the whole experience. Check it out and let me know what you think.

5 Steps to Guaranteed Sales... Really?

Mosh

I do it in one step....do great work and you will never have to advertise....in 25 years I have spent $0 advertising...can't argue that!!!

natedawg9640

I do it in one step....do great work and you will never have to advertise....in 25 years I have spent $0 advertising...can't argue that!!!

^this. IF there is enough general demand for what you are offering. If you are selling a product that people aren't REALLY looking for... then you have to get them to buy it.

I don't understand small boutique businesses/local gift shops/etc. I want to know what their gross daily average in sales are and how they stay afloat when i hardly ever see customer in the stores.

question for you... what's considered a decent sale? obviously multi thousand dollar signs, or wraps, but that's not what drives everyone in this business. Does a $25-$75 profit on a few jobs a day send you home feeling good? or does that make you want to advertise and expand?

J

john1

I don't understand small boutique businesses/local gift shops/etc. I want to know what their gross daily average in sales are and how they stay afloat when i hardly ever see customer in the stores.

In my town anyway, We have literally a dozen of the same type of gift places and all. I heard that most are just rich people doing it for something to do with their time. Must be nice to be a rich mummy.

toucan_graphics

I'm just getting started back up after a 5 year break. I hope to be rolling out jobs in a few weeks. Just starting back up, if I can sell 100 sq ft per week, I can make a small profit that can sustain me until I can afford to expand. If I only had 3 jobs per day that netted me $50 profit on each, that is a total profit of $750 per week. So YES a $25-$75 profit on a few jobs each day would send me home feeling good. Ask me this question 6 months or one year from now and I'm sure I would have a different answer.

In short, each business is different and have different financial needs and goals.

visual800

no one can gurantee crap but they all claim to. sounds like the BS from the chamber, the yello pages and any other "YOU CAN DO IT" seminar

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
Although a web page can't 100% guarantee sales, it's just about the most cost effective "interface" to introduce yourself to interested clients.

I can't tell you how many times I've been interested in a particular product from a particular business, and the only "web page" they have is some flimsy yellow page add, completely void of photos and severely lacking substance. But wait...there's hope! Yes!...they have a hotmail email address...wow, now that really looks professional....said no one ever.

JB