• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

5 things you didnt know about me game

ProWraps

1. im a class A sky diver
2. im a P2 paraglider pilot
3. im an open water I, II, and rescue diver (NAUI)
4. i love anything that flys, and will spend copious amounts of time staring at the sky.
5. i love jill.
6. ruh roh. TMI, one too many. despite what a dick i seem to come across as, i absolutely love each and every one of you. i really do. for better or worse, what i gave thanks for this year, was my family both here, and you, online.

Mosh

No, I was sober when I made the shot. 5 feet off my back porch. A coyote was eating a dead deer in or feild. Used to be alot of coyotes around, mange and hunting has thinned them out. Now we have mountain lion and black bear moving into the area taking up the preditor void.

The Sign Dude

1. I think all kids should be required to build their first car.

2. I enjoy fly fishing more than any other type of fishing

3. I love archery.

4. I was able to leg press over 1400 pounds when I was 22

5. I think watching wrestling (WWE) causes brain rot

OldPaint

MOSH, if your drinking of 18 beers, and then driving........is any indication of your truthfulness..............then the 400 yard shot..................still is a STORY)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
as for the black bear and the mountain lion...................i guess you take them out at 1st opportunity huh? cant just leave them alone......................................

trik

1. I actually played sports in high school, had a full scholarship to OK State for baseball (went to the college World Series all 4 years i would have been there) but fluffed it off for a girl and a job making double minimum wage($4.50 an hour)..lol Thought that was all I needed.

2. My wife and I were a blind date set up by my dad and her mom, next April will be 20 years!

3. Two great children!!!!

4. Mad I sold my boat, I love the water....need to get Chris to get me on the water next summer :)

5. Computer geek, like pc gaming except WOW, so don't ask...lol

astro8

1. Used to watch AC/DC, INXS and Hush play around Sydney before they became famous.(I thought they were 'OK').
2. Hid in a laundromat in Rome from a mob who thought I was Beniccio DelToro. (My wife was amused).
3. Think they should give the deaf cheap housing under direct flight paths instead of pulling the houses down. (Makes sense doesn't it?)
4. Love red wine, scotch whiskey, strong coffee, my 1916 Indian Powerplus, Venice and beautiful women.
5. Sleep 4 hours a day (and look like it).

Supertprinting

1. Saw my mother shoot herself after a fight with my dad (she lived, they stayed together, he died first).
2. I have my doctorate.
3. I have six kids (all with the same wife of 28 years - we are doing our best to keep social security alive...)
4. I've gained 1/4 pound per month since getting married (started out at 6'2" 150 pounds).
5. I've never created, installed, printed, or built a sign, a banner or a wrap...but I still love this site. I own a GX-24 and have too much to learn to jump into something like a versacamm.

MITCHATEXOTIC

good timinG......moody day

1.Met my wife(#3) at a bar on way home from mental hospital I was there because I wanted to kill my soon to be ex(a cop)
2.Started life wanting to be a cop (enlisted as an M.P.) now I loathe them
3.Got into embroidery because the machines were cool
4.I think ROAD HOUSE is twice as good as point break
5.Since I quite drugs and drinking I feel like a quitter...really I do

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Addendum

#6 I have two sons named Stephen and David. My current wife has two sons named Stephen and David. Ask me if it gets confusing at times.

#7 I developed and published the first program for identifying an unknown type style from a printed sample in 1993. Our best customers were forensic document examiners from federal agencies and police departments. Our least receptive customers were sign people.

#8 I developed, manufactured and marketed the Scrappy™ Friction Feed Adapter for Gerber 15" plotters. It was a moderate success.

#9 I developed an Edge foil measuring device to the prototype stage which I use to this day. Made a number of marketing inquiries with Edge owners and Gerber distributors, all of whom did not see any need for such a device.

Fred i am VERY surprised about #9 this seems like a product or concept that should have been sold to gerber to incorporate into the cartridges...this is one of those inventions that should have gone to market imho

gabagoo

Addendum

#6 I have two sons named Stephen and David. My current wife has two sons named Stephen and David. Ask me if it gets confusing at times.

#7 I developed and published the first program for identifying an unknown type style from a printed sample in 1993. Our best customers were forensic document examiners from federal agencies and police departments. Our least receptive customers were sign people.

#8 I developed, manufactured and marketed the Scrappy™ Friction Feed Adapter for Gerber 15" plotters. It was a moderate success.

#9 I developed an Edge foil measuring device to the prototype stage which I use to this day. Made a number of marketing inquiries with Edge owners and Gerber distributors, all of whom did not see any need for such a device.
Fred!!! I bought a scrappy after seeing the ad in Signcraft. It was great!!!! I would love ti hear more about the Edge measuring device

legacyborn

1. I was engaged for 8 years, married for 6 months.
2. I was self employed at 25 (I owned a game store)
3. I am a googleholic and use their programs for pretty much everything
4. I hope to own a restaurant (or three) My first to be an irish pub.
5. I think Mosh looks like an extra from Mad Max

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Fred i am VERY surprised about #9 this seems like a product or concept that should have been sold to gerber to incorporate into the cartridges...this is one of those inventions that should have gone to market imho

Gerber has since introduced the capability into their foils and their equipment. At the time I discussed it with one of my Gerber contacts, they weren't at all receptive to it. I think they saw it as a device that pointed out a glaring oversight in their product.

Fred!!! I bought a scrappy after seeing the ad in Signcraft. It was great!!!! I would love ti hear more about the Edge measuring device

If you're handy you can build your own. Here's pics of the prototype. It's made from 1/4" and 1/2" PVC glued together with PVC pipe adhesive. The idea is to duplicate the carriage in the Edge that holds the cartridge, attach handles for cranking it and hold a measuring device against the foil.

Some will argue that the wheel will cause dirt on the foil that will later result in misprints ... but it hasn't happened in the ten years I've been using it. Likewise some will argue that the tensioning will get messed up between the rolls ... again, it hasn't been a problem.

Here's a link to the Measure Master metering device. They were at the time, 1999, about $20 each without the aluminum shaft and handle. Everything else, (shafts, bushings, springs etc.) was purchased as stock parts from MSC Direct and made using a table saw and a drill press.

BTW, don't even think about motorizing it. It's a quick way to snap the foil off the core. Manual cranking is the only way to go.

Attachments

• foilmeter01.jpg
    foilmeter01.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 104
  • foilmeter02.jpg
    foilmeter02.jpg
    194.7 KB · Views: 111
  • foilmeter03.jpg
    foilmeter03.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 119
  • foilmeter04.jpg
    foilmeter04.jpg
    155.1 KB · Views: 102

OneUpTenn

1-I am 100% self-taught sign maker
2-I have only cooked one meal this whole year
3-I never missed a single softball game my daughter played (approx 400) since she was nine.
4-I have been to two Superbowls (front row in Titans vs. Rams)
5-I cant wait til Jacob turns eighteen so I wont feel so guilty about the thoughts I have