• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

5 years down...

Moze

Precision Sign Services
Precision Sign Services was officially started five years ago in October, 2011. I used the remainder of 2011 for talking to prospective customers, purchasing tools and supplies for installations and surveys and just kind of 'getting ready'. Now, over a thousand invoices and a thousand quotes later, I've passed the elusive five-year mark. I remember starting out and reading the following, in Forbes:

"While some two-thirds of small firms make it past the two-year mark, just 44% can hack it for four years, according to the latest data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics. And by “hack it,” we’re just talking survival rates here: Plenty of those “survivors” are choking down ramen noodles to keep the lights on."

Definitely a bit daunting to read when you're starting out, so it feels good to have beat the odds. Business is good thanks to a healthy economy in Texas. Year two profits were double those of year one and year three profits were double those of year two. Years four and five have continued to grow. I'm still the 'lone ranger', doing the bulk of work myself, but I do hire others on an as-needed basis.

I've had the privilege of installing for some pretty cool/large/reputable/prestigious end-customers, including:

iFly
Oklahoma City Airport
DFW Airport
Love Field Airport
Elemetal
Wing Stop
Starbucks
Baylor Healthcare
Cook Children's
Rent-A-Center
Concentra
Berkshire Hathaway
AT&T
The Perot Museum
Smashburger
The Sixth Floor Museum
Wells Fargo
Granite Properties
AMC Theaters
Van Tuyl
Nebraska Furniture Mart
ADP
Nissan
Ford
Toyota
Mercedes
Infiniti
Cadillac
Chevrolet
Lincoln
Goodyear
Panasonic
Southern Methodist University

I've covered quite a bit of ground in Texas and have installed into Louisiana, Oklahoma and Tennessee. I've tracked/documented install and survey locations every year so I could have a visual
(attached photos)
. Many of the end-customers are only listed once but they're repeat/regular customers.

Anyway, just thought I'd take some time today to kind of reflect on the past five years and compile some achievements/milestones. Hopefully none of that seems braggy - definitely not my intent.

Here's to whatever the future holds....

Attachments

• 01) 2012 Installations & Surveys.jpg
    01) 2012 Installations & Surveys.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 110
  • 02) 2013 Installations & Surveys.jpg
    02) 2013 Installations & Surveys.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 146
  • 03) 2014 Installations & Surveys.jpg
    03) 2014 Installations & Surveys.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 133
  • 04) 2015 Installations & Surveys.jpg
    04) 2015 Installations & Surveys.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 159
  • 05) 2016 Installations & Surveys.jpg
    05) 2016 Installations & Surveys.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 145
  • 06) 2012-2016 Installations & Surveys.jpg
    06) 2012-2016 Installations & Surveys.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 141
  • 07) 2012-2016 Metroplex Installations & Surveys.jpg
    07) 2012-2016 Metroplex Installations & Surveys.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 152

tbullo

Superunknown
Hey Moze, I use map marker on Android. Its uses Google maps too. I use it mainly on larger sign jobs . Sometimes it's nice to see the range your getting.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-10-09-12-57-46.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-10-09-12-57-46.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 114
  • Screenshot_2016-10-09-12-58-11.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-10-09-12-58-11.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 116

Speedsterbeast

Congratulations!
I hit my 6th year mark recently. I think I'm still in awe of the success of my business on a weekly basis. It's good to be grateful and proud every day for what you've built. It's so easy to focus on the frustration of constantly explaining the difference between jpegs and vector graphics to clients.

I'm sure the Texas economy being strong may help, but I believe that it's more likely hard work & treating people well is the reason for your success as a business, as I do most businesses.

neato

Hey Moze, congrats!

From what I know of you, I'm sure your success is thanks to your great people skills and attention to detail. I'm sure you have built a fantastic reputation.

Bly

Congrats! It's a great feeling isn't it?

You've seen this but posting for all to see from an old mate.

Attachments

• moze.jpg
    moze.jpg
    619 KB · Views: 122

Moze

Precision Sign Services
Hey Moze, I use map marker on Android. Its uses Google maps too. I use it mainly on larger sign jobs . Sometimes it's nice to see the range your getting.

Yeah, it's definitely nice to get a visual.

Congratulations!
I hit my 6th year mark recently. I think I'm still in awe of the success of my business on a weekly basis. It's good to be grateful and proud every day for what you've built. It's so easy to focus on the frustration of constantly explaining the difference between jpegs and vector graphics to clients.

I'm sure the Texas economy being strong may help, but I believe that it's more likely hard work & treating people well is the reason for your success as a business, as I do most businesses.

Congrats on 6 years and I agree with you. It amazes me what sign companies promise and fail to deliver on (schedules, product, etc). It's one of the things customers seem to appreciate the most - keep your word. It's a simple concept and one I do my best to follow.

Hey Moze, congrats!

From what I know of you, I'm sure your success is thanks to your great people skills and attention to detail. I'm sure you have built a fantastic reputation.

Thanks, Phillip! Id like to think the logo has something to do with it as well. :)

Congrats! It's a great feeling isn't it?

You've seen this but posting for all to see from an old mate.

Thanks, it does feel good!

Congrats, Moze! Don't feel like you're bragging. You deserve every bit of your success. We'll be hitting our 5 year mark in a couple of months also. It's been a rough ride, but we're hanging in there.

decalman

Thanks for sharing, but
My personal opinion is... all businesses are about to tank because the nations are about to implode .

SignosaurusRex

Congratulations Moze, :thumb:. Many don't last more than a couple years before self imploding for various reasons. 10, 20, 30 years fly by and next thing you know....you wanna retire and realize that "Retire" lives right next door to "Expire". :wink: 44 years here and still loving it!