• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

50% or 1/2 off?

Craig Sjoquist

agrees with Pat ... 50% off looks & seems more then 1/2 off

Also use % instead of prices in order to not under sell a product

when a customer sees prices low they want everything low priced

when seeing like 1/2 off 1/3 off etc. it has a lame meaning ..like kinda sorta good deal

GoodPeopleFlags

Interesting! Lots of opinions. I think I'll go with 50% off.

Signcrafters london: You're from Kentucky, dude! You picking on Alabama is like us making fun of Mississippi - who else *can* we make fun of? Ha! All in good fun... :)

Pat - you're a very funny guy!

Bob - She doesn't speak English very well. Trust me - in this case, writing it for her is MUCH easier than making her figure it out.

Thanks alot guys! :toasting:

signgal

I'm with Jill and Bob. I have made it a policy for them to decide on how to word their copy. You will be wrong when the customers don't flock and they should know their business better than you! It's their business! Maybe 50% off works for stereo equipment more effectively and half off works best for Restaurants. We can't be experts in every field!

So, where is this place? I like good Chinese food LOL

Marlene

I'm with Jill and Bob. I have made it a policy for them to decide on how to word their copy. You will be wrong when the customers don't flock and they should know their business better than you! It's their business! Maybe 50% off works for stereo equipment more effectively and half off works best for Restaurants. We can't be experts in every field!

true but we are experts in every field as we are consumers and read these signs all the time. we also have the advantage of making tons of signs so we pretty much know what works. we work with Chinese restaurant owners and it's good customer service to respect that they don't speak English as well as we do and to help them with the copy. I have also helped many English speaking people with copy too. how many times have you had a customer come in for a sign that sounds more like a list of everything they do or ever will do and we get them to trim it down? it kind of the same thing.