• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

50th Anniversary T-shirt

SignManiac

Was just asked by the local drop zone to design a shirt for their 50th anniversary and up coming Turkey Meet Boogie. I have a twenty five year history with the DZ and I was asked to do something that felt nostalgic.

I wanted to turn them down, mainly because I am backed up with work, but I felt a little tingling fire burning in the creativity department. I don't know who's doing the printing nor do I care. It's up to them to figure out how to do the separations, I'm not gonna mess with it. Hopefully they can use the design and make it work. I just enjoyed putting it together.

Attachments

• turkey meet 2011.jpg
    turkey meet 2011.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 91

SignManiac

Okay, so I wasn't 100% satisfied with the first draft and after sleeping on it, I came in this morning and tweaked the hell out of it. Now I'm pleased with it and the client is too. A nice fun diversion from making signs.

Question, I did this in Corel, so what is the best file method to give to a screen printer for t-shirts? It's all vector work so will there be any issues?

Thanks....

Attachments

• turkey meet 2011.jpg
    turkey meet 2011.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 66

Locals Find!

A shirt with that many colors would probably be best printed as 4 color process. However, that would be best left up to the abilities of the screenprinter to decide.

Send them over the file as an .eps if you can group all your colors together example... all reds in one, blues in another etc.... that would be easiest for printing the separations. Same goes for the halftones they will need to be grouped by color also. As each set of colors is going to require a different screen be burned. Will make them much happier. I know I hated trying to group colors together for printing films when I had other work to be doing.

Sometimes halftones will require separate screens however, each screenprinter handles that differently from my experience. There is no hard and fast rules on anything in screenprinting. Its more art than science.

SignManiac

Well I'm not going to do much with the file other than send it to them and they can do the separations how ever they need to. Hopefully, they will be able to handle it as it is. I told the client to use whoever she wants unless......There's a merchant member here that wants to tackle it?

signage

If the screem printer uses Corel then give them Corel. I would have them ask the screen printer what format he would want them in.

SignManiac

Thanks Y'all. I'm waiting to see how big an order it will be and then go from there. I'm certain it will be a couple of hundred or more. Turkey Boogie is one of the biggest skydiving events that goes on anywhere. Jumpers from all over the world come here for it and the parties go without saying. I know I'm going to be there!

Incidentally, the DC3 was an actual plane I use to jump from and I did the illustration based off it. I probably have at least three hundred jumps from that one plane alone.