• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

'53 Chevy pickup vectors

Graphics2u

I have been looking for some vector files of old pickups. I've found a few sites that have some for sale but nothing really close to what I need. Does anyone have any ideas where I might find some vector art of a '53 Chevy truck like the one in the picture. It needs to be roughly the same view as this one as the customer wants me to add some sideboards on the box with lettering on them. This is for screen printing T-shirts so it doesn't need to be real detailed.

Thans ahead of time for any help you might have.

Attachments

• 53.jpg
    53.jpg
    309.7 KB · Views: 150

TwoNine

96XP & OP - Couldn't you export the DXF's from the 3D program and use those? I know with Rhino we do this and it works good. IF the original was drawn/molded to scale.

As for other sources....I have none. :\

-Chad

TyrantDesigner

Art! Hot and fresh.
just draw it yourself, pull out some sharpies, a ruler and get to drawing ... scan in, throw into inkscape to vector ... done .. or scan in rough drawing convert with pen tool, done ... at most ... hour worth of work.

2 if you're rusty at it.

Graphics2u

96XP & OP - Couldn't you export the DXF's from the 3D program and use those? I know with Rhino we do this and it works good. IF the original was drawn/molded to scale.

As for other sources....I have none. :\

-Chad
Never used any 3D programs, so i'm lost already.

96XP

@TwoNine
Yes, Rhino exports to:
.3ds (3dstudio max)
.ai (Adobe Illustrator)
.asc (points)
.csv (points)
.csv (properties)
.dgn (MicroStation)
.dwg (AutoCAD)
.dxf (AutoCAD)
.fbx (Autodesk)
.gdf (WAMIT)
.gf (GHS - General Hydrostatics Geometry)
.gft (GHS - General Hydrostatics Geometry)
GHS (General Hydrostatics Geometry)
.gts (GNU Triangulated Surface)
.kml (Google Earth)
.lwo (LightWave 3D)
.obj (Wavefront)
.off (Geomview)
.pdf (Portable Document File)
.pm (GHS - General Hydrostatics Geometry)
.pov (Persistence of Vision Raytracer)
.ps (PostScript)
.raw (Raw Triangle)
.rib (RenderMan)
.sat (ACIS)
.skp (SketchUp)
.slc (Slice)
.step (Standard for the Exchange of Product Model Data)
.stl (Stereolithography)
.txt (points)
.udo (Moray)
.vda (Verband der Automobileindustrie)
.vrml (Virtual Reality Model Language)
.x (DirectX)
.x_t (Parasolid)
.xgl (Solaris)
.txt (points)
I would just render the scene in 3D, then go from there. Can always make changes on the fly. Even save-out as a raster, tiff (or whatever) and edit with preferred paint app.
At least this would give opportunity to scale and set the scene up in the required field of view.
@Graphics2u, I'll take a quick look around. If I find something, I'll send a pm.