• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

53" endura lam question

gieseguy

just picked up a 53" endura laminator. it was working fine for a couple days and now the light comes on but it won't work. I have the foot pedal plugged in. the off light is on like it is supposed to be with the foot pedal. all the safty knobs are out. checked for anything blocking the sensor and reflector. checked the fuse it seems to be level. is there something I might be missing?

Mike F

Double check to make sure everything is in the right spot and all the sensors are being, uh, sensed. I've had a problem with my RS before where the tray you feed from wasn't put back on properly and even though everything looked OK, it wouldn't run. Also listen to see if the motor is engaging at all when you try to run it.

njshorts

probably a speed sensor, it won't move if the sensor goes bad. it's housed on the righthand side (on my enduralam, don't know if yours is the same) and slides into a socket. according to sign warehouse, it's the first part to go bad.

gieseguy

Thanks for the response Mike. this thing doesn't have any tray that I'm aware of. how do you check to see if the sensors are sensing ha! there is no sound of the motor engaging at all. all I hear is the click of the foot pedal. tried it without the pedal as well.

gieseguy

yeah I'm thinking my speed sensor would be on the right as well. is there a way to check it to see if its bad?

njshorts

That, I can't tell you. I'd look for the normal scorching, smell, etc.

signwarehouse just said 'replace it', but for me... problem was something different (with different symptoms)