• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

53 inch wide Vinyl Laminate!? Does this exist?

VinylSticks

I've always used 54" wide laminate. However, the ideal width would be either 53" wide or 53.5" wide. Does anybody know if such an item exist, and if yes, where would acquire such an item? Thanks!

VinylSticks

For large runs that require print, lam and plot.
I want to avoid laminate hanging over the edge of the vinyl print after I run the printed vinyl through the laminator, because I have to trim that excess laminate off before I can load it back into the printer to be plotted. This is not a big deal on a few printed sheets or a small roll, but when I run an entire roll of decals that require laminate and plotting, it becomes a very time consuming, tedious step that I would love to avoid.

Ragnabrok

Many suppliers are able to slit rolls down to whatever you want, so getting a 54" slit to 53" is possible, and common enough for the same reason you want.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
I've often wished ALL laminate rolls were 1/4" to 1/2" narrower than media rolls, for this very reason. I mean, who actually prints EDGE TO EDGE that needs the laminate to be full width? And with our laminator (soon to be replaced) we ALWAYS have alignment issues and end up with laminate hanging off the edge, and much time wasted trimming the edge off so I can load to plotter.

Andy D

I think some printable vinyl runs a little wider, like 54 1/2".
That would work the same for you wouldn't it?