• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

54" Enduralam laminator issue

Intense01

Hello, I am new here and need some advice from the pros. I have tried contacting Sign Warehouse but haven't gotten anywhere and I need to get the laminator up and running.

From what I have read I need to have Kraft paper so it doesn't stick to the lower rollers. I have 50" laminate with 48" Kraft paper. I have wasted a ton of laminate and print just trying to get it figured out. I am new to the printing/laminating world and wanted to try and wrap one of my shop cars so I need to have it laminated.

Can anyone help me out on how this laminator is supposed to work? I forward wound the laminate (per sign warehouse) and have it installed the same way they recommend.

Do I need to use Kraft paper or should I be using something else to make sure it doesn't stick to the rollers?

I attached a copy of the user instructions they provided me. I see one issue from the instructions to how mine is set up the roll where the back goes goes under and not over the roller.

Thank you for the help in advance!

Attachments

• Enduralam Set-Up Instructions ver3-1.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,022

Stealth Ryder

Match your laminate size to your media if you do not want to use a backing paper. Use Forward wound laminate on that machine.

Intense01

Match your laminate size to your media if you do not want to use a backing paper. Use Forward wound laminate on that machine.

Thank you for responding. I did make everything forward wound so I am good on that part. Is Kraft paper considered backing paper? It seems like the laminate sticks to that or should I be using something different?

Kyle Blue

It's supposed to stick to the paper. Once you've used some of your laminate, you can reuse the backing paper from your laminate as your kraft paper. But I agree with Stealth Ryder, match your media width to your laminate width, then it won't touch the rollers.

LenR

Your kraft paper should be at least as wide as your Lam (better if the paper is wider than what's above it).
48"paper under 50" lam won't help much.
If you vinyl amd lam are each 50" then don't bother with the paper.
How are you webbing the machine?

Intense01

Your kraft paper should be at least as wide as your Lam (better if the paper is wider than what's above it).
48"paper under 50" lam won't help much.
If you vinyl amd lam are each 50" then don't bother with the paper.
How are you webbing the machine?

Thanks for the replies. I will run the same size media as the lamination and try that. I am webbing it the same as the above PDF file but on roller #4 in the illustration mine goes from underneathe and not above. It isn't providing much tension this way. If you are looking at the illustration above the roller rolls clockwise so it flips the paper underneathe anyway. Sign Warehouse said it doesn't matter. To me the lam seems too loose and wrinkles on the roller without the extra tension.

Last edited: