• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

54 or 63

Ditchmiester

I'm looking at Purchasing a new S2 Tangential Cutter and I wanted know if anyone out there has bought either size and wished they would have went the other way. I have an L26500 also to print my contour cuts on.

FatCat

I've got a Summa D140 (54") and after owning a 64" printer for almost two years I can say I've never needed it. Though I worried about it a little at first, the only material I run regularly at 64" is banner. All my adhesive vinyl I purchase is 54".

Your situation may be different...

DigiPrinter

Summa's a nice cutter. I'll be upgrading my cutter in the near future (I only have a 30" Graphtec). I plan to go to a 54" cutter. I've never bought 63" material and the majority of my print material is 54" or 30". My thought on a 54" is I'll have all three machines compatible - printer, laminator and cutter. If it has to be contour cut larger than 54 then it gets seamed.....

Ditchmiester

Thanks guys, I think I am in the same boat. I only ever print 54" vinyl and I think the 1000 dollars in savings over the 63" version.

MagnificentBastid

If we were talking printer, then I'd say go for the bigger size, but since its the cutter I also recommend sticking to 54". Most vinyl media's don't come wider than 54" anyway.

ProColorGraphics

I have a HP latex and just went with the 54" model. I can think of once it the entire time I have had it that a 64" model would have made it a little more convenient. I still made it work without it too. Unless you have a specific need for it, I wouldn't spend the extra money.

I do however HIGHLY recommend the S series T class!

Ditchmiester

I'm definitely getting the S2 T Series was just trying to figure out what everyone thought of the 54 vs. 63. It looks like most everyone is under the same thought process I was in that we hardly ever print vinyl larger than 54" so the cost savings seems to be worth it. Thanks for everyone's input I can't wait to get this thing ordered.

bigben

I have a L26500 and a summa D160. I use the ''over 54in'' maybe once a month because I cut 60in phototex for wall decals (large piece with contour cut). Exept that, I only use 54in.

I would love to try the S2 tangential, but I never had any problems or restrictions with the summacut series. Even for piece 58in X 120in. Maybe if I would to alot of small thing...

Bly

D160R here. Bigger is always better.
Sometimes we use 60" vinyl.
If your printer can print that wide why not make the most of it?

Ditchmiester

Just finished setting up my new S2 T140 and this thing is a beast compared to my FC8000 30" cutter. I can't wait to see this thing in action.

Jgentry

54" Summa

I'm getting ready to sell my 54" Summa D140. I have been very happy with it. I can't say I used the extra size too much, but it was always nice having options. I just don't have enough work to keep it at this point.