• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

54" Roll material rack

trakers

Tired of tripping over rolls of material.

Idea is 4x4 for base legs and 2x4 for uprights. Lags @ 45 degrees to hold the rolls on conduit bars.

Comments or better ideas?

klingsdesigns

This is what we use and its pretty nice setup. I got it from another member on here.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    47.4 KB · Views: 80

ExecuPrintGS

This is what we use and its pretty nice setup. I got it from another member on here.

We are actually building something like this right now to store larger odds and ends rolls from past jobs. Thanks to this forum for the idea, looks like its going to work great for us. :thumb:

neil_se

I've got 40-50 rolls of 54" material so not enough wall space for a rack like that. Instead I use the Yellotools Twister stand which makes it pretty easy to get to all the rolls.

We used these for our DIY vinyl rack...

http://www.menards.com/main/electri...annel-12-gauge-green-10/p-1628627-c-12477.htm

Then we used 1/4" round steel rods to hang the rolls from. We spaced them about 26" apart and the rods are cut to 30" long. It works great for 15"-24" rolls of cut vinyl but might be a bit cumbersome and hard to manage for hanging 54" rolls. Just figured I'd throw the idea out there, though. This could be fairly easy to modify to fit your needs.

Attachments

• rack.jpg
    rack.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 91

Asuma01

The only problem with this one is when you need to access the middle rolls.. It is a hassle to bring all the heavy 54" rolls out of the way first..

That is true. I thought the same thing. So we shrunk it down a little and made one with only 9 posts that way only 1 roll is inside. so not as big a deal.

klingsdesigns

http://www.menards.com/main/electri...annel-12-gauge-green-10/p-1628627-c-12477.htm

Then we used 1/4" round steel rods to hang the rolls from. We spaced them about 26" apart and the rods are cut to 30" long. It works great for 15"-24" rolls of cut vinyl but might be a bit cumbersome and hard to manage for hanging 54" rolls. Just figured I'd throw the idea out there, though. This could be fairly easy to modify to fit your needs.

Where did you get them rods?

DIGIXTRA

Digixtra
That is true. I thought the same thing. So we shrunk it down a little and made one with only 9 posts that way only 1 roll is inside. so not as big a deal.

I just have a thought... what if you make it like a jig jag so that each row of rolls will be on 2 wheel...This way you can store as much rolls as you like and just simply fan it out where you need to access... again just a thought.

phototec

You can get the Half Slot Channel Struts and metal rods at Lowe's;

http://www.lowes.com/pd_101789-53911-ZA1200HS+10GR_0__?productId=3465646

Rocco G

I made this rack years ago. It's just 2x3 lumber with 1/2" electrical conduit inserted at an angle. If I were making it now I'd use 2x6 or 2x8 lumber so it could be even more firmly attached to the wall to handle larger rolls. I would beef up the conduit too. When I made this all I had was a 15" plotter.

Hmm, looks like I need another couple of rows from all that vinyl stacked on the table.

Attachments

• P1310208.jpg
    P1310208.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 78

Ditchmiester

Our Media Racks

This is what we have come up with over the years to hold our media. The racks on the wall over the Summa were first when we only had a 30" plotter. The vertical rack was our first attempt to hold vinyl/laminates for our HP Latex and then someone on here posted a rack similar to our horizontal media rack. Its on casters and is double sided. I think it holds 17 Rolls up to 54". We cut and built the whole thing in house.

Attachments

• Media Rack.jpg
    Media Rack.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 90
  • Media Rack 2.jpg
    Media Rack 2.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 79

Wensco Mike

A quick fix if you don't want to build something, is a Media Rack at Wensco.com. It holds 16 rolls and is on casters so you can move it around the room if you are lacking space.

ProColorGraphics

This is what we have come up with over the years to hold our media. The racks on the wall over the Summa were first when we only had a 30" plotter. The vertical rack was our first attempt to hold vinyl/laminates for our HP Latex and then someone on here posted a rack similar to our horizontal media rack. Its on casters and is double sided. I think it holds 17 Rolls up to 54". We cut and built the whole thing in house.

Would you be willing to share the dimensions/templates you used to build the floor rack? That looks nice!