• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

540 XC no yellow

Tim J.

Got a Roland 540 XC, had sit idle for 2-3 weeks. Now, I try to print, can't
get any yellow. Did several head cleanings, no dice. Replaced two plastic caps on the yellow head. Nothing.
Seems like it's not "pumping up". Could it be a pump? If so, how big of a pain is that to swap out?

Ragnabrok

I doubt it's the pump, they are quite sturdy, as well as the b group pump shares black and yellow, and you don't indicate black is an issue. Likely issue is either of the caps themselves (black and or yellow) or their alignment when cleaning. Jam a swab or paper in the cover sensor on the right side, and watch it while its cleaning. Are the caps roughly centered on the heads when the pumps are going? If they aren't, the caps wont seal, and the pumps will just pull air, not ink.

Also an easy one, physically check the ink cartridges by pulling them out, sometimes they run empty but fail to trigger the ink empty button.

Chad

remove blue cover than remove the chrome cover over the print head (4 screws). See if your yellow is getting to the damper. Pull the grey cover below the head and remove the cap hose coming from the yellow that is attached to the pump and attach a seringe and see if you can pull yellow through. It could be that hose is plugged. Stick a metal coat hanger in the hose. If you put cleaning solution on the cap it should just about all drain out.