Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

540v 1 day old turns on by it self?

Discussion in 'Roland' started by cinemasign.grafix, Feb 4, 2006.

1. cinemasign.grafix

cinemasign.grafix Member

Aug 14, 2005
    Had unit installed friday. Just walked by and power switch flashing , heat configure flashing , heaters running. Now processing message in window. No computer plugged into it . I did not turn on. Switched off power on front panel last night . left on sub power. Is this normal? :help:

Tags:
  2. Barry

Barry Active Member

May 6, 2004
    The newest firmware will turn on the printer once every 12 hours to do a cleaning. This is to prevent ink from drying on the heads causing head clogs. It should auto power off once completed though.

3. SignMan Sez

SignMan Sez Member

Jan 2, 2006
    Printer demon-possessed?...Exorcisms performed, call 1-800-6-6-6-G-O-N-E.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2006
  4. cinemasign.grafix

cinemasign.grafix Member

Aug 14, 2005
    540v

Tried calling you. How come you didn't answer?:Big Laugh

5. High Octane

High Octane Active Member

Mar 27, 2005
    Fenton, Michigan
    Mine doesn't do that?

6. cinemasign.grafix

cinemasign.grafix Member

Aug 14, 2005
    540v

Barry called it. Although i think mine is set for 24 hours. Came on last night too. This time for @ 15 min. The first time it came on for @ 1 hour before i shut it down. Last night like i said @ 15 min and then shut down its self. Thanks for the response. Since the tech was here for @ 4 hours setting mine up ( 1st one he did on mac network) i was a little concerned. Never got a call from the printer priest concerning exorcism.:biggrin:

7. xtremegraphics

xtremegraphics Member

Jul 22, 2005
    You could always just send me the printer I will keep it for a fews months just to make sure all is well with it.

8. cinemasign.grafix

cinemasign.grafix Member

Aug 14, 2005
    You got it

As long as You sign a contract that you will do all the work i send you for free. That includes shipping of course. :Big Laugh