• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

540V red printing orange...?

okeesignguy

Please help me...printer has been down for 4 days...thanx!

here's the facts...

machine is 5 yrs old...
printer basically stopped printing all colors...
I replaced all dampers and both cap tops...

Printer printing awesome! EXCEPT...
my red is orange...?
when I do a test print all colors look fine...
When I do a test print from Versa Works (the one with the guitar)...
everything is perfect except that the "red" guitar is orange and the "R" in RGB is orange...

Any ideas...?

okeesignguy

Do you have cross contamination of the magenta and yellow?
What is the test print like?

SC
The test print looks fine as I described above...
How would I know if I have cross contamination and what would cause it...?
Could it be the dampers OR the cap top that I replaced...?
Maybe I got a bad part...?

okeesignguy

And you could also check the pump. See if the pumps is working fine. It a new pump ((http://www.digiprint-supplies.com/Soljet-pump-(ASSY-SUB-XC-540)---6700319010-p11891.html)) or an old one ((http://www.digiprint-supplies.com/Soljet-solvent-resistant-pump-p11775.html)) like this? If it's a new one, check out not to reverse the tubes (suction with evacuation).
If it's ESL-Max, then the cartridges are for real.

I have a basic understanding of the printer and do most of my repairs myself but I am not sure how the pump would make my red print orange...?
Please explain that to me...
Remember...other than that one thing...the printer is printing perfectly flawless...
As a matter of fact i am printing all of my print jobs that do not have red in them and they are all beautiful...
And again...when I do a test print, all four colors CMY & K all look exactly as they are supposed to...

Gabriel

It's kind of difficult but I will try. SP 300 has two print-heads, ok? Each print-head has a cap-top. Now, those cap-tops are connected to the pump which is making the cleaning cycles ("suck" ink from the print head - through the nozzles - and throw it in to the drain bottle). So the pump has two channels. One channel perform the suction, the other channel evacuate the wasting ink. If you connect the cap-top at the wrong channel, those opperations are done completly different than it supposed to be-the whole process is reversed. Instead of suction, the pump will push the ink up, into the dampers. That's why heyskull asked you about contamination of magenta in the yellow damper.
Good luck!

I really hope you'll understand what I'm trying to tell you. I still have to practice my english.:banghead:

okeesignguy

540V My red prints orange...?

Please help me...printer has been down for 5 days...thanx!

here's the facts...

machine is 5 yrs old...
printer basically stopped printing all colors...
I replaced all dampers and both cap tops...

Printer printing awesome! EXCEPT...
my red is orange...?
when I do a test print all colors look fine...
When I do a test print from Versa Works (the one with the guitar)...
everything is perfect except that the "red" guitar is orange and the "R" in RGB is orange...

Yellow prints yellow...magenta prints magenta...but red prints a beautiful orange! GRRR!!!

Any ideas...?

okeesignguy

It's kind of difficult but I will try. SP 300 has two print-heads, ok? Each print-head has a cap-top. Now, those cap-tops are connected to the pump which is making the cleaning cycles ("suck" ink from the print head - through the nozzles - and throw it in to the drain bottle). So the pump has two channels. One channel perform the suction, the other channel evacuate the wasting ink. If you connect the cap-top at the wrong channel, those opperations are done completly different than it supposed to be-the whole process is reversed. Instead of suction, the pump will push the ink up, into the dampers. That's why heyskull asked you about contamination of magenta in the yellow damper.
Good luck!

I really hope you'll understand what I'm trying to tell you. I still have to practice my english.:banghead:

I know that this is not happening as I changed the cap tops one at a time so that I would not get them mixed up with each other and never did I unplug the waste line from the pump...

Would either a defective damper or cap top cause this...?

chopper

when you print a test print what do you mean?
do you print the head test print from the control panel that shows how each head is firing?
if not that is what you need to do, you have to be missing a head or color. or your print profile is way off, sounds to me like you are missing either the cyan or the magenta. it is also possible that your pump drain or one of your cap tubes is plugged, this can some times cause this same effect,
I do not know if your machine has one head per color or if they share a head but if you see puddling in the cap station this will tell you that the tube is plugged or pump drain is plugged, or possibly the pump quit working, if there is no puddling, I would disconnect the caps from the pump and put a syringe on the tube and see if you can pull ink through the heads, ( heads must be parked for this) this will usually take care of a minor head plugging or air lock in line.
then run your test print again see what happens it may take a bit for the colors to look right if you have cross contamination between two colors...
//chopper

chopper

I know that this is not happening as I changed the cap tops one at a time so that I would not get them mixed up with each other and never did I unplug the waste line from the pump...

Would either a defective damper or cap top cause this...?
cross contamination can also be caused from a plugged line to the pump which then causes the ink not to drain and then puddle in the capping station .
//chopper

okeesignguy

when you print a test print what do you mean?
do you print the head test print from the control panel that shows how each head is firing?
if not that is what you need to do, you have to be missing a head or color. or your print profile is way off, sounds to me like you are missing either the cyan or the magenta. it is also possible that your pump drain or one of your cap tubes is plugged, this can some times cause this same effect,
I do not know if your machine has one head per color or if they share a head but if you see puddling in the cap station this will tell you that the tube is plugged or pump drain is plugged, or possibly the pump quit working, if there is no puddling, I would disconnect the caps from the pump and put a syringe on the tube and see if you can pull ink through the heads, ( heads must be parked for this) this will usually take care of a minor head plugging or air lock in line.
then run your test print again see what happens it may take a bit for the colors to look right if you have cross contamination between two colors...
//chopper

"when you print a test print what do you mean?"
do you print the head test print from the control panel that shows how each head is firing?"
Yes...it prints this test perfectly...all colors...

"or your print profile is way off"
Well...everything else prints great...as a matter of fact, all day yesterday I printed many print jobs that did not have red in them and they are all beautiful...?

"it is also possible that your pump drain or one of your cap tubes is plugged"
Nope...they are both brand new...just replaced them this week...

"I do not know if your machine has one head per color or if they share a head"
It has two heads...mag and yellow share a head...

"if you see puddling in the cap station this will tell you that the tube is plugged or pump drain is plugged"
No puddling...everything looks great...

"possibly the pump quit working, if there is no puddling, I would disconnect the caps from the pump and put a syringe on the tube and see if you can pull ink through the heads"
Pump works...The lines from the caps to the pumps are clear and I can watch the ink go thru when it pumps up...

These are good suggestions but I still have the problem...
Thanx for taking the time to help me :)