• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

5th Wheel decals

CentralSigns

Anyone ever been asked to reproduce a 5th wheel trailer graphic from say 5 yrs ago? Did you build a duplicate or sell a new one? I have a customer that wants on of the decals redone on his trailer. Is there a place to get the art for a particular make and model of trailer? Do they after-market factory sell decals or templates? What a PIA I am trying to sell the custom thing but they think that the replacement of the original will help the trailer keep value. Certainly easier to sell a new idea than to try to build from scratch with only 1/2 a picture:bushmill::bushmill::bushmill:

iSign

I'm not even sure what the question is, but I wouldn't worry about copyrights.. but i WOULD worry about a client thinking this is a $20 job, and me thinking it is a $150 job (to recreate art an all...) so, I'd get the money thing cleared up front, and half paid up front...

CentralSigns

I guess I asked too many questions. Customer wants the existing graphic on the trailer rebuilt as it is damaged. Only 1/2 is still there, he wants it to be the same as factory. A feat I can't do without a picture of the factory decal. So I was curious if there is a place to buy the factory artwork, by make and model. I am currently trying to convince the customer to do something new but he feels that remaining stock with original decal will help hold the resale value of the trailer. I say good luck with that, the resale value that is. Any ideas.

phototec

Often, the graphics are the same on both side (reverse), if you can see the other side, you can take a photo (template) and make new artwork. I have done it before, because I couldn't find the original decals.

The hardest part for me was the blended colors, so I had to spray paint the two colors onto white vinyl to get a custom color match.

:thumb:

Attachments

• Rage'n back.jpg
    Rage'n back.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 113
  • Rage'n Door.jpg
    Rage'n Door.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 99

ionsigns

Get the original [replacement] from the manufacturer...then charge double...for your trouble. THIS IS NOT A REPEAT CUSTOMER?! Are you concerned with making more money from him in the future or whether he can influence the market in your favor to earn income from people he will or won't refer you to?

I read an article several years back. It was about FIRING Problem CUSTOMERS.
I have fired a few. I have never been happier. I am now more profitable and have more free time. No adverse affects on my ledger sheet.

Carefully judge the short-term and long-term effects of jobs that are overtly difficult or of questionable profitability. Charge accordingly. If the customer balks at the price...you are the professional in your shop. YOU KNOW YOUR EXPENSES. If they want it CHEAPER...there is always another HACK vinyl slapper just up the road.

Cheerfully wish the best to CHEAPSKATES and bid them farewell! Eventually some cheapskates become educated and return to purchase quality [from us].