Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

5x10' RTG MDO?

Discussion in 'Materials' started by john1, Jul 10, 2012.

1. john1

john1 Guest

Hey guys, Have a customer who seen a 5x10' dibond sign i did last month and want the same size but something that will go between 2 posts for a double sided sign by the road.

The sign will be advertising commercial space for lease and the biggest i can get RTG (Primed and painted) MDO is 4x8' at 1/2 or 3/4" thick.

I will be providing the double sided sign face with a digital print only, They will frame/install.

I am looking for something that i can buy, and directly place graphics onto. I do not paint nor have a place to paint at.

Thanks!

Tags:
  2. J Hill Designs

J Hill Designs Major Contributor

Sep 24, 2004
    2 s/s diebond attached to exterior plywood structure that he builds. Doubt you will find RTG mdo in that size, and it most likely will want interior structural support anyway.

3. Circleville Signs

Circleville Signs Very Active Member

Sep 30, 2009
    Circleville, OH
    10mm Alumacore.

Simple.

4. CanuckSigns

CanuckSigns Very Active Member

Nov 11, 2008
    Ontario
    This

5. john1

john1 Guest

Thanks guys, My supplier doesn't have alumacore in 10mm but i am thinking i can give the customer a option of 2 3mm dibond panels and 2 .063" aluminum panels for price comparison to be attached to plywood.

That makes the pricing per panel about $123 different so hopefully one fits their budget.

Sound good?

6. ChicagoGraphics

ChicagoGraphics Major Contributor

Feb 27, 2007
    World
    Check with your local lumber yard, around here they carry 1/2" MDO 6'x12'

7. skyhigh

skyhigh Major Contributor

Jun 16, 2005
    PA
    If you have a couple saw horses, a paint pan & roller......then move the car out of the driveway. Its time to learn how to paint.

8. 2B

2B Moderator

May 5, 2011
    TX
    2 sheets of 3mm ACP

make a frame out of aluminum or metal square tubing, the signs mounted on each side