• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

5x10 work tble. where did you guy get that 5x10 sheet??

Sign Works

MDO is produced in 5'x10' sheets but gets unbelievably expensive. My table top is 5'x12' made with 3 sections of 5'x4' plus I used particle board.

Pat Whatley

Call your local lumber yards (not Lowes or Home Depot) and tell them you need it. It's not really that much more expensive (psf) than 4x8 sheets.

Not having a seam is worth the one time extra cost (to me)

grafixemporium

We used two 5x4 pieces of MDF with a 5x2 piece in the middle predrilled and screwed down. Topped off with a 5x10 self healing mat and it's virtually seamless. Works like a charm.

CES020

Doesn't Baltic Birch come in 5' x 5' or 5' x 4'? I know the thin stuff comes in 5' x 5'.

Might be worth calling the lumber yard for. Ask for Baltic Birch and see if that gets you there.

threads1

find a local cabinet maker and ask them about their supplier....since you're a sign maker they will probably tell you their source.

zmatalucci

I used mdo for my top w/ a 5-10 cutting mat as the final layer. I bought it from harbor sales, and after 1.5 years, it still hasn't laid flat! I'm thinking about glass as the final layer next time.

InnovativeKS

My dad is a carpenter and he got me a piece of 5x10 melamine particle board. We trimmed the sides is oak (particle board looks like crap on the edges), and put a 5x10 of glass on top. Works perfect no seams. Can post pics if you want to see it.

Just Me

My dad is a carpenter and he got me a piece of 5x10 melamine particle board. We trimmed the sides is oak (particle board looks like crap on the edges), and put a 5x10 of glass on top. Works perfect no seams. Can post pics if you want to see it.
please do:wink:

3dsignco

any normal Lumber yard should be able to order in 5x10 and maybe 12 MDF apply some floor epoxy and you'll have a great table.

garyroy

The 5x10 work table is a versatile and spacious piece of furniture that can be used for a wide range of activities, from woodworking to crafting and more. But where exactly do you find such a large sheet of material? The answer may surprise you.

One great option for acquiring a 5x10 sheet is to visit your local home improvement store. Many stores carry large sheets of plywood, MDF or other materials that can be cut down to size for your project needs. Additionally, some stores even offer custom cutting services so you can get the exact dimensions you need without having to handle the large sheet yourself.

Another option is to search online or in specialty shops for suppliers who specifically sell oversized sheets of material. These may come with a higher price tag, but they also offer unique options like exotic woods or high-quality finishes that are not always available at standard home improvement stores.
Uh-Oh, rise of the AI bots, here we go.

CanuckSigns

The 5x10 work table is a versatile and spacious piece of furniture that can be used for a wide range of activities, from woodworking to crafting and more. But where exactly do you find such a large sheet of material? The answer may surprise you.

One great option for acquiring a 5x10 sheet is to visit your local home improvement store. Many stores carry large sheets of plywood, MDF or other materials that can be cut down to size for your project needs. Additionally, some stores even offer custom cutting services so you can get the exact dimensions you need without having to handle the large sheet yourself.

Another option is to search online or in specialty shops for suppliers who specifically sell oversized sheets of material. These may come with a higher price tag, but they also offer unique options like exotic woods or high-quality finishes that are not always available at standard home improvement stores.
Jesus, if this is the state of AI learning I'm not impressed.