Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

6" Black "Reflexite"

Discussion in 'Product and Supplier Referrals' started by Billct2, Sep 24, 2019.

1. Billct2

Billct2 Major Contributor

Mar 12, 2005
    New England
    Does anyone know a source for 6" black "reflexite", hi intensity reflective? I have a customer that wants a black/red chevron and I can only find black in engineer grade.
    Thanks

Tags:
  2. SignosaurusRex

SignosaurusRex Major Contributor

Mar 7, 2007
    Washington State
    As far as I know of, none of the manufacturers produce a High Intensity grade... nor a Diamond Grade "Black".
    Black is not one of the accepted colors included in the federal spec's minimum square inch requirements for chevrons.

3. ReflectiveGuy101

ReflectiveGuy101 New Member

Apr 14, 2020
    Florida
    There is a company that makes custom Chevron panels using red and black Oracal (formerly Reflexite) material. They may be able to do custom job that would work. www.reflectivepro.com

4. letterman7

letterman7 Very Active Member

Nov 10, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    Engineer grade is all you're going to find in black.

5. Billct2

Billct2 Major Contributor

Mar 12, 2005
    New England
    yep, thats what we went with

6. MikePro

MikePro Major Contributor

Feb 3, 2010
    Racine, WI
    no one makes high intensity/diamond grade black, as far as I know.+
    +1 suggestions for engineer-grade
    else if anyone ever hard-set on the high intensity stuff, I'd be printing rich black honeycomb-chevron patterns onto whichever base color to add a "day/night" effect to the vinyl. (some base media exposed to reflect light, but dense enough of a pattern that it appears black at first glance)