• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

6 Color stripe (gutter) in Onyx 10

Quix

I recently re-installed Onyx Production House 10 so a second plotter could work with it, and since then the color stripes (gutters) only print 4 colors (CMYK and there use to be CMYKcm)
I am printing in a HPL25500 and a HP 9000s.
Is there any option for setting up this 6 color stripe?
Thank you for your help

danno

I run ONYX 10 with L26500 and a HP9000s and have no problems with the 6 colour gutter stripe. I have noticed that if the print/image is wider than ONYX would like, colours from the stripe "disappear". I would try a slightly smaller image, say 2 inches (50mm) narrower than the media, and see if all colors show up again.

bgraphix

I recently re-installed Onyx Production House 10 so a second plotter could work with it, and since then the color stripes (gutters) only print 4 colors (CMYK and there use to be CMYKcm)
I am printing in a HPL25500 and a HP 9000s.
Is there any option for setting up this 6 color stripe?
Thank you for your help

I don't think there is an option or setting for it. I've re-installed Onyx several times over the years and never has a problem like that. What is your Print Mode on in your Quick Set settings?

Quix

I'm using CMYKcm 10pass HP Permanent Gloss Adhesive Vinyl.

I just read in another forum that the C,c and M,m colors are processed in the same channel, so they’re printed in the same stripe. I also noticed that the intensity of this marks has increased (they look more saturated) which makes me think it’s true.
This has the advantage that the stripes take less width from the sustrate, and the disadvantage that you can’t see the individual printhead behaviour.
Thak you all for your comments.