• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

600 denier nylon?

Mike F

So today I got a request from a customer for banners printed on 600 denier nylon. Did some googling and the only thing that really came up was some kinda polyester flag material, Poly Oxford. Never used a flag material before, so I'm kinda lost. Can anyone recommend a good brand of material for this along with a supplier for it? I'm running eco-solvent inks, by the way. Thanks in advance.

Mike F

@John, thanks for the link, but do you know the name of it? I can't make heads or tails of most of the stuff on that site. I'm seeing a lot of architectural stuff and tent material and bullet-proof materials but no flag or banner stuff.

@BlueFish, trying to keep it in house, salesperson already has someone in mind if we outsource, even so I had a hard enough time getting the company to start using Firesprint for 25+ runs of lawn signs so that'd be a losing battle anyway. Thank you though, I'll keep them in mind, never hurts to have options.

Still open to any other suggestions, kinda need an answer on this sometime tomorrow so even shots in the dark are appreciated.

Nylon is commonly used for flags (state, federal etc). It offers durability and high ink penetration (pass-through) to get the ink on both sides of the nylon. Digital printing on nylon (uncoated) can only be done with the proper ink (dye-based acid ink). This requires a printer that is dedicated to this application in most cases.

Polyester fabric is not nylon, but it can be printed using a wider variety of inks, including direct-disperse, indirect dye sublimation, latex, UV, and with the right specially coated media, even solvent ink, though it is less than ideal.