• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

61" - 64" SAV and Over-Lam

dypinc

I get a bunch of requests for signs that are 5' x 8' or 10'. I always try to get them to go to 59" but the substrate has to be cut then.

What SAVs are out there at 61" to 64". Having a real hard time finding that size. Can't understand why. Why all the 60" SAV when substrate comes in 60". Do they think we are that good at mounting SAV?

BigFish help me out here!

colin smyth

No shrinkage on their Poly Lam (V750) from what I have noticed, though not sure if it the poly would be suitable for banner material, don’t think it would allow much flexibility?

ProColorGraphics

Yes polymeric laminate
Gotchya. I mostly use the cast laminates, but have been using the one made for UV prints more lately, which has a stronger adhesive (VCR750). It has been working great! On the media sample swatch book, even the cheaper monomeric ones don't show any shrinkage, which I have noticed on ones from other brands.

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
I get a bunch of requests for signs that are 5' x 8' or 10'. I always try to get them to go to 59" but the substrate has to be cut then.

What SAVs are out there at 61" to 64". Having a real hard time finding that size. Can't understand why. Why all the 60" SAV when substrate comes in 60". Do they think we are that good at mounting SAV?

BigFish help me out here!

Yeah I hear that alot, mainly its the equipment needed to mfg. at that size, installing adhesive sheets larger than 60" is really difficult also. What are the requests for? What are they going on and how long do they need to last? Might be another option.

dypinc

Long term signage. They know they can get 5' x 8' or 10' substrates and they know I can print and mount/laminate that size so they ask. Mounting is no more of a problem than 4' x 8' or 10'. Seems kind of strange that the media producers don't know this? I have to tell them 59". If they request edge cap or mounted in a frame sometimes we can get away with it.

Or if they can live with General Formations 275 but it is not cast and short term.

Last edited:

dypinc

No that won't cut it. What they want is 5' x 8' or 10' cast vinyl laminated signs just like we do with 4' x 8' or 10'

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Does it matter if it is cast or if it's something that won't shrink over a long period of time? I understand what they want, but if the material does not exist or is extremely difficult to get, what other options do people have?

Christian @ 2CT Media

Clear coated fabric, will out last vinyl... The event industry has used fabric wrapped panels for half a century in outdoor situations with great success.