• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

64 bit computer flexi

mark galoob

i recently got a new computer 64 bit win 7 and it is now my design computer and the 32 bit is my rip station. flexi 8.6 pro

i have figured out how flexi works on both.

my problem is that flexi wont do bitmaps well on this computer. i set it at 300-600 dpi and they are extremely pixelated and jargled. its like its having a brain **** or something...they work fine on the 32 bit computer but i HAVE to be able to turn a vector into a good quality 300-600 dpi bit map.

i think this is prob a simple set up issue with flexi.

any ideas

mark galoob

thewvsignguy

Don't know of a fix to your issue but We use flexi 10.5 RIP on a 32 bit XP machine. I use a 64 bit Win 7 machine for designing.

Bitmaps look the same on both systems and have never noticed a difference. Is the output the same when you export or save on the RIP station?

choucove

We are running all of our computers on Windows 7 Professional 64-bit with Flexi 10.5.1 here. Occasionally we've had a hiccup but nothing like you are describing with the bitmaps displaying poorly. We've had computer systems locking up from working with massive bitmaps in Flexi 10.0.2 and will corrupt the original art file, but this actually has not been near as bad since updating to Flexi 10.5.1.

I know your computer system configuration has more than enough horsepower to do the job of working with large files and bitmaps, but I'm curious what could be causing these specific issues for you. Personally here we have run into an issue with just one of our computers having some issues with Flexi and I will be trying a reinstall just to see if that helps. Have you perhaps tried this yet? I might also suggest checking for the latest graphics drivers.

Do images appear distorted or pixelated in other areas or programs as well, or just when you are working with bitmaps in Flexi?

mark galoob

ok, so hopefully this is just a setting in flexi...

but it appers that when i export a jpeg from flexi on this computer, it is not exporting it to the proper size. i think this is prob just a setting in flexi but i dont know how to change the setting...

any ideas?

mark

thewvsignguy

what is the compression ratio at when you export or are you saving the image in a flexi format? Is the image created in flexi or are you importing the image from a different program?

CS-SignSupply

Mark - give me a call back if you need further help on the Flexi. Glad we were able to walk you through this and the PDF issues.

mark galoob

lol...its so funny, Bobby helped and flexi support kicked it upstairs and couldn't figure it out. Bobby had it figured out in about 2 min...

mark galoob

thanks so much