• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

64 inch Printer but only 60 inch Media?

idsignsil

Can someone please tell me why there are 64" printers but only 60" media? We have 60" alupanel / dibond / whatever you want to call it, and use it quote often on the side of metal buildings. I would like to cover them in one piece with no seams. I have contacted the larger print houses we used before we got a 54" printer and they have 60" media, but can only print 58"-59" obviously. So you can get a 54" printer and 54" material, but why not 64" media for a 64" printer?

Can someone please tell me why there are 64" printers but only 60" media? We have 60" alupanel / dibond / whatever you want to call it, and use it quote often on the side of metal buildings. I would like to cover them in one piece with no seams. I have contacted the larger print houses we used before we got a 54" printer and they have 60" media, but can only print 58"-59" obviously. So you can get a 54" printer and 54" material, but why not 64" media for a 64" printer?

They can print 58" to59" on a 54" printer? I want one. There are several reasons companies like HP have upped the inches. Now you can print 60" on 60" material because the head has the ability to print further now. Banner material is usually wider Instead of 36" it's38" Instead of 60" its usually 61"-62" depending on the mfg. So now you are able to make a 60" finished banner. Instead of only being able to offer 58"

J Hill Designs

They can print 58" to59" on a 54" printer? I want one. There are several reasons companies like HP have upped the inches. Now you can print 60" on 60" material because the head has the ability to print further now. Banner material is usually wider Instead of 36" it's38" Instead of 60" its usually 61"-62" depending on the mfg. So now you are able to make a 60" finished banner. Instead of only being able to offer 58"

he has a 64" printer but no media larger than 60"

reading comprehension is a thing

idsignsil

Nope, here is my original sentence.

I have contacted the larger print houses we used before we got a 54" printer and they have 60" media, but can only print 58"-59" obviously.

Could have/ should have worded it differently or used better punctuation. Or, 2 sentences.

I have contacted the larger print houses we used before we got a 54" printer. They have 60" media and 64" printers, but can only print 58"-59" obviously.

Only one vinyl over 60" I know is xerox 65" self adhesive outdoor paper. We had two rolls with our 65" printer. Ir would print 64.75" wide.

Andriy

Kapco has a 62" vinyl roll that I use for our 5' wide signs, works good for me, enough of bleed for everything :)